+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I would add off-target throws to that as well. In addition to better decisions in 2011, he threw the ball more accurately as well.

I'm unfamiliar with the Peyton correlation. I cannot imagine Eli needing better coaching at this point in his career. There are some hear who believe he is a master at his position. That's something I just do not see.
    I think having Sullivan helped Eli a lot last year. I guess he had the QBs running some unique drills, like drills where you throw off center/balance, etc. And I'm sure there's some very obscure things that coaching can help any QB with, i.e. "I noticed on the passes you under threw you dropped your elbow too early in the motion," etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    If Eli are more comfortable airing it out to an injured receiver who shouldn't even be playing, then something is terribly wrong. That might be due to the fact that he's trying to get Hakeem in the game, but still, it just wasn't there.
    Eli has forced the ball to specific receivers most of his career
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's not the point, but OK
    Roanokefan, ill explain the point for you. And ill highlight the main points in blue.

Roanokefan, You understand the concept that 85% of pass plays will have a deep route inserted into it as well as short routes. if the ball is thrown deep it doesnt necessarily mean KG is only designing deep patterns. In fact, the chances are more than likely that there were short patterns within the play.

Wait, thats not all Roanokefan. For the exception of a hail mary and maybe a small handful of other plays, every pass play is going to have some type of short pattern within it, Especially since we play in a lot of tight formations.

So basically, what you're trying to say here Roanokefan is that there is a very high possibility that when the ball is thrown deep, instead of short, or thrown short instead of deep, that decision is made solely by the QB, and not the offensive coordinator.

What you're experiencing is exactly what Ya was talking about when he said the lack of football knowledge has deteriorated on these message boards. there is no logic anymore. No details as to why, or how. Its just blank statements. "we collapsed because adjustments wasnt made". Explain how? Explain which adjustments. Talk about what we did differently when we succeeded. I have no problem with people blaming KG even if i dont believe he should take the bulk of the blame. Just make a reasonable argument. For the sake of discussing football at least.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-06-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Roanokefan, ill explain the point for you. And ill highlight the main points in blue.

Roanokefan, You understand the concept that 85% of pass plays will have a deep route inserted into it as well as short routes. if the ball is thrown deep it doesnt necessarily mean KG is only designing deep patterns. In fact, the chances are more than likely that there were short patterns within the play.

Wait, thats not all Roanokefan. For the exception of a hail mary and maybe a small handful of other plays, every pass play is going to have some type of short pattern within it, Especially since we play in a lot of tight formations.

So basically, what you're trying to say here Roanokefan is that there is a very high possibility that when the ball is thrown deep, instead of short, or thrown short instead of deep, that decision is made solely by the QB, and not the offensive coordinator.

What you're experiencing is exactly what Ya was talking about when he said the lack of football knowledge has deteriorated on these message boards. there is no logic anymore. No details as to why, or how. Its just blank statements. "we collapsed because adjustments wasnt made". Explain how? Explain which adjustments. Talk about what we did differently when we succeeded. I have no problem with people blaming KG even if i dont believe he should take the bulk of the blame. Just make a reasonable argument. For the sake of discussing football at least.
    Well that clears it up, thanks.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I think having Sullivan helped Eli a lot last year. I guess he had the QBs running some unique drills, like drills where you throw off center/balance, etc. And I'm sure there's some very obscure things that coaching can help any QB with, i.e. "I noticed on the passes you under threw you dropped your elbow too early in the motion," etc...
    I agree.

Despite growing up around the game of football, Eli needs constant coaching to up the level of his play.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

I agree.

Despite growing up around the game of football, Eli needs constant coaching to up the level of his play.
    I think all QBs do. Even if it's just the obscure mechanical things. It's kind of like having someone proofread something for you.

I agree.

No question about it.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I think all QBs do. Even if it's just the obscure mechanical things. It's kind of like having someone proofread something for you.
    That's not what we're talking about. Eli needs "constant" coaching.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm going to put my resume in
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Please don't presume to tell me what I'm talking about.

+ Reply to Thread