+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    No, because if you actually read anything I wrote you would see I've stated numerous times that Gilbride is a good to average OC and that I would welcome a better choice. Norv Turner would be that choice.

People act like I say Gilbride is terrible. At times, yes his play calling is terrible but he's a decent OC.

We just have too much talent to be so stagnant.
    But, we didn't this year, or rather our talent didn't play up to their level. Our OL sucked. Our RBs were banged up all season and no receiver stepped up to fill Nicks' role or as a strong 3rd for most of the season. As much as I love Eli, his ball placement and decision making weren't as sharp this season as they were last.

To me, the stagnation falls more on the feet of the 11 on the field than KG.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I see the same thing you and everyone else sees. And I know for certain that we've all went off on Gilbride in the past only to find out that it was Eli changing the plays based on his reads.

So the bottom line is I don't know what part is Eli and what part is Gilbride that's not working.

But to get back to my previous post, I'm simply asking you if you think Eli wants a new OC? Do you think he wants to learn a new system? I have a feeling Eli would have a hard time with a new system.
    I think Eli would pick up a new system rather quickly; as it is we run one of the more complicated systems in the league. However, I don't think Eli would want to play under any OC that wouldn't give him full reign at the line.

We just have too much talent to be so stagnant.
    You are over rating the healthy talent. Mediocre OL and an injured Nicks does not qualify as "too much talent".

Why can't be mix in a little of everything? Why does everything have to always be our receiver beating their man and making a tough circus catch?

It's OK to dink and dunk sometimes.

We rarely run a hot route, a wheel route, a slant, a screen with proper blocking...... everything is predicated on Eli Manning and "the big play". Nothing ever comes easy. When do you ever see us throw it outside and pick up an 8-10 yard gain? Our blocking is atrocious. The defense always flies to the football whenever we attempt to run one.

Why is it that our receivers ALWAYS have to beat their man and make a SPECTACULAR grab deep down the field in order to move the chains? Run, run, pass in the red zone when the run isn't working derails the offense in SO many ways. Why don't we ever dink and dunk to move the ball. Hynoski has good hands and is pretty agile to pick up ample yards after the catch. The Saints hardly ever run the ball, they utilize the short pass as their run game. The most annoying thing for a defense, the most obnoxious thing for a defense is to constantly allow short 4-5 yard completions in succession with no clue how to stop it. 1st down. Gee that was too easy.

If we mix in the short stuff with the deep ball, offenses will have to come closer to the box which will then open up the deep routes.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I see the same thing you and everyone else sees. And I know for certain that we've all went off on Gilbride in the past only to find out that it was Eli changing the plays based on his reads.

So the bottom line is I don't know what part is Eli and what part is Gilbride that's not working.

But to get back to my previous post, I'm simply asking you if you think Eli wants a new OC? Do you think he wants to learn a new system? I have a feeling Eli would have a hard time with a new system.
    You do not give Eli nearly enough credit.

And no I do not give him too much credit.

Eli Manning is one of the smartest QB's in the NFL. Easily top 3 probably behind Peyton and Brady. H would flourish in a better offense where he could utilize the no huddle when deemed necessary, simpler routes and less predictable play calling...... ESPECIALLY in the red zone.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

When do you ever see us throw it outside and pick up an 8-10 yard gain?
    I stopped reading your post after this sentence.

Why can't be mix in a little of everything? Why does everything have to always be our receiver beating their man and making a tough circus catch?

It's OK to dink and dunk sometimes.

We rarely run a hot route, a wheel route, a slant, a screen with proper blocking...... everything is predicated on Eli Manning and "the big play". Nothing ever comes easy. When do you ever see us throw it outside and pick up an 8-10 yard gain? Our blocking is atrocious. The defense always flies to the football whenever we attempt to run one.

Why is it that our receivers ALWAYS have to beat their man and make a SPECTACULAR grab deep down the field in order to move the chains? Run, run, pass in the red zone when the run isn't working derails the offense in SO many ways. Why don't we ever dink and dunk to move the ball. Hynoski has good hands and is pretty agile to pick up ample yards after the catch. The Saints hardly ever run the ball, they utilize the short pass as their run game. The most annoying thing for a defense, the most obnoxious thing for a defense is to constantly allow short 4-5 yard completions in succession with no clue how to stop it. 1st down. Gee that was too easy.

If we mix in the short stuff with the deep ball, offenses will have to come closer to the box which will then open up the deep routes.
    For one, we run hot routes all the time. The fact that you don't think we do makes me question how much you actually know about football.

And you are way over simplifying things and being hyperbolic at the same time.

You see what you want to see and disregard everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    For one, we run hot routes all the time. The fact that you don't think we do makes me question how much you actually know about football.

And you are way over simplifying things and being hyperbolic at the same time.

You see what you want to see and disregard everything else.
    People watch the game on Sunday, don't re-watch it, and just make generalized assessments off of lasting images in their head.

The hot route comment cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    That's funny because GB does it all the time. And don't tell me we don't have the players to do just that.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I only reluctantly kept reading after we never throw a hot route.

+ Reply to Thread