+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I'll say again, just because we won a super bowl with Gilbride doesn't mean it was because of him. He was not even close to a key reason we won. We won despite him.

I can't stand Gilbride, that's well documented on here but I left him alone this season for the most part. Until he made no adjustments in our offense when things weren't going well.
    So, for the past 30 years of Gilbride's coaching career his offenses have won and been highly ranked in spite of him? Do you understand how truly stupid that sounds?

Not even close.

Peyton, Brady and Brees have full reign.

Eli does not and he should because he has the intellect and skill to execute it.
    I give up on this thread. It's obvious you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

You do not give Eli nearly enough credit.

And no I do not give him too much credit.

Eli Manning is one of the smartest QB's in the NFL. Easily top 3 probably behind Peyton and Brady. H would flourish in a better offense where he could utilize the no huddle when deemed necessary, simpler routes and less predictable play calling...... ESPECIALLY in the red zone.
    I wasn't questioning his intelligence. I was suggesting that his familiarity is obviously with this system.

But again, what do you think Eli wants? Do you think he wants a new OC? And if he didn't, would you force a new one on him?

And along those lines, if Eli was unhappy with our system do you think he would try to change it? And if he did, do you think the Giants would be amenable to his desires?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Which ones? Not trying to be a smartass, but I can't remember the last time I've seen him turn down an interview for a HC gig, or the last one he was offered, for that matter.
    Well, for LeBeau, it could just be that it's understood that he's not interested so teams don't come calling.

Not even close.

Peyton, Brady and Brees have full reign.

Eli does not and he should because he has the intellect and skill to execute it.
    Hold on. If you believe this, then you really have no clue.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

I'll say again, just because we won a super bowl with Gilbride doesn't mean it was because of him. He was not even close to a key reason we won. We won despite him.

I can't stand Gilbride, that's well documented on here but I left him alone this season for the most part. Until he made no adjustments in our offense when things weren't going well.
    You sound ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    From about 2005-2009 nhe was on of the most request coaches for interview. After a while it became understood that he has no intentions of being a HC and that he just wants to coach defense. Last thing I heard wast the Cardinals offering him the HC job about 2-3 years ago. He is very happy with his position and team.
    Cardinals offered him the DC position. Again, don't remember seeing him getting interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Well, for LeBeau, it could just be that it's understood that he's not interested so teams don't come calling.
    Yeah, I think that's what it comes down to ultimately, which is why there aren't interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Hold on. If you believe this, then you really have no clue.
    You just realized this now

he turns the ball over a little too much for me to consider him the 3rd smartest qb in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I give up on this thread. It's obvious you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
    You can't just leave!

+ Reply to Thread