+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,194

    My first 13 mock

    Round 1: DE Ziggy Ansah
    Round 2: LB Arthur Brown
    Round 3: C/G Khaled Holmes
    Round 4: LB Sio Moore
    Round 5: DT Josh Boyd
    Round 6: CB Dwayne Gratz
    Round 7: OT Brennan Williams

    I'll post some analysis of players and why I picked them tomorrow
    Last edited by slipknottin; 12-05-2012 at 12:02 AM.

  2. #2
    1st off, dont think I have ever seen you make a mock before. Was your account hacked? I always thought you were anti-mock.

    Good players. I am worried more than most about Williams injury, as it is a more significant injury for an OT than many realize. I dealt with that injury in my youth and it can be minor and it can also ruin a player. That said, I still do not see him dropping to the 7th.

  3. #3
    I think that we need an OT before the 7th round. I am tired of these project OT's.

  4. #4
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Round 1: DE Ziggy Ansah
    Round 2: LB Arthur Brown
    Round 3: C/G Khaled Holmes
    Round 4: LB Sio Moore
    Round 5: DT Josh Boyd
    Round 6: CB Dwayne Gratz
    Round 7: OT Brennan Williams

    I'll post some analysis of players and why I picked them tomorrow
    I like the boyd in RD 5 pick, as its solid value.. REminds me of when we got barry cofield in RD 4 type pick.. Brennan WIlliams is gonnna go well before rd 7.. I'm thinking rd 3 the very latest.. He only had a torn labrum, which will definetly heal... Khaled Holmes was very unimpressive against ND, and was getting pushed back into the QB consistently by Louis Nix... Sio Moore is good value as well..

    U know ur stuff Slip,b ut 2 be honest, i don't love ur mock..

  5. #5
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,194
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    1st off, dont think I have ever seen you make a mock before. Was your account hacked? I always thought you were anti-mock.

    Good players. I am worried more than most about Williams injury, as it is a more significant injury for an OT than many realize. I dealt with that injury in my youth and it can be minor and it can also ruin a player. That said, I still do not see him dropping to the 7th.
    I try to make them every year, some years I just struggle to figure out. Last year I believe I made a couple.

    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I think that we need an OT before the 7th round. I am tired of these project OT's.
    Im not so sure. Beatty is a good LT, and Locklear was signed for pennies, but was capable as a LT, and was a good RT. Im not sure how much value there is in drafting a RT early. Brewer I think gets more playing time rest of the season, hopefully we see something from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I like the boyd in RD 5 pick, as its solid value.. REminds me of when we got barry cofield in RD 4 type pick.. Brennan WIlliams is gonnna go well before rd 7.. I'm thinking rd 3 the very latest.. He only had a torn labrum, which will definetly heal... Khaled Holmes was very unimpressive against ND, and was getting pushed back into the QB consistently by Louis Nix... Sio Moore is good value as well..

    U know ur stuff Slip,b ut 2 be honest, i don't love ur mock..
    Im not sure with Williams, I thought he was a mid round pick before his injury, only has decent feet, really didnt think he was that great a player, people are putting him higher based on how good they think he could potentially be, not how good he is now.

    Louis Nix should be pushing guys around, thats why he would be a top 15 pick when he is drafted. But I think Holmes can gain size. I think his agility is a huge plus, giants could again use the center on pulls like they did with O'Hara. Or he could be the backup at all 3 interior spots, which is a huge need for the giants, they have no capable interior backup right now.

  6. #6
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Round 1: DE Ziggy Ansah
    Round 2: LB Arthur Brown
    Round 3: C/G Khaled Holmes
    Round 4: LB Sio Moore
    Round 5: DT Josh Boyd
    Round 6: CB Dwayne Gratz
    Round 7: OT Brennan Williams

    I'll post some analysis of players and why I picked them tomorrow
    dont know much about arthur brown,,,can he play? is he legit?..or what I mean to say is, is he what we need in a linebacker?

  7. #7
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    dont know much about arthur brown,,,can he play? is he legit?..or what I mean to say is, is he what we need in a linebacker?
    Ya, Arthur Brown is a sensational talent.. In my opinion, Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers fits the GIANTS defense better then the undersized Brown though.. But Brown is one heck of a player..

  8. #8
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I try to make them every year, some years I just struggle to figure out. Last year I believe I made a couple.


    Im not so sure. Beatty is a good LT, and Locklear was signed for pennies, but was capable as a LT, and was a good RT. Im not sure how much value there is in drafting a RT early. Brewer I think gets more playing time rest of the season, hopefully we see something from him.


    Im not sure with Williams, I thought he was a mid round pick before his injury, only has decent feet, really didnt think he was that great a player, people are putting him higher based on how good they think he could potentially be, not how good he is now.

    Louis Nix should be pushing guys around, thats why he would be a top 15 pick when he is drafted. But I think Holmes can gain size. I think his agility is a huge plus, giants could again use the center on pulls like they did with O'Hara. Or he could be the backup at all 3 interior spots, which is a huge need for the giants, they have no capable interior backup right now.
    Eh, it wasen't always Louis Nix pushing him into the QB.. He looked very weak.. I'm not saying i woulden't draft the guy, but Centers gotta be studs to go in 1st 3rds, like a Alex Mack and Eric Wood, and i don't see him ever being powerful enough to be worth the early rd selection..

    Brennan Williams was playing really well before the injury, especially in the ground game.. Theres no way he goes outside the top 3rds.. He played well last yr as well. Its not all potential with him, as hes got enough good games under his belt to show coaches.. I really like Williams, personally..

    Then again, i also loved James Brewer, and he was the guy i was hoping for in RD4, when we got em, so i'd like a longer look at him, as u suggested.. We knew Brewer was gonna take alittle time, so we shall see.. I personally thought Brewer would all ready have the job, as my hopes were high.. He has all the physical talent in the world, and i thought showed enough with Indiana, that about a 1yr-yr and half, and he'd be starting.. Very athletic for his size, as well...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Round 1: DE Ziggy Ansah
    Round 2: LB Arthur Brown
    Round 3: C/G Khaled Holmes
    Round 4: LB Sio Moore
    Round 5: DT Josh Boyd
    Round 6: CB Dwayne Gratz
    Round 7: OT Brennan Williams

    I'll post some analysis of players and why I picked them tomorrow
    I like this 1 a lot besides Holmes

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Eh, it wasen't always Louis Nix pushing him into the QB.. He looked very weak.. I'm not saying i woulden't draft the guy, but Centers gotta be studs to go in 1st 3rds, like a Alex Mack and Eric Wood, and i don't see him ever being powerful enough to be worth the early rd selection..

    Brennan Williams was playing really well before the injury, especially in the ground game.. Theres no way he goes outside the top 3rds.. He played well last yr as well. Its not all potential with him, as hes got enough good games under his belt to show coaches.. I really like Williams, personally..

    Then again, i also loved James Brewer, and he was the guy i was hoping for in RD4, when we got em, so i'd like a longer look at him, as u suggested.. We knew Brewer was gonna take alittle time, so we shall see.. I personally thought Brewer would all ready have the job, as my hopes were high.. He has all the physical talent in the world, and i thought showed enough with Indiana, that about a 1yr-yr and half, and he'd be starting.. Very athletic for his size, as well...
    In Holmes defense Louis Nix looks like he is going to be pretty damn beastly next season

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts