+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So do we repair the nascar or make a new system?

Tuck and Osi may or may not be with the team next year. They may be serviceable but they are no longer the heart of the defence. So the question is, if we have JPP, do we try to make a big free agent deal and stay focuses with the nascar, or do we move forward building some defence like our three safety package.

I think the latter, Nascar needs 4 solid guys and we do not know what the entire DLine is going to look like next year, with canty etc. I think what we need to do is bring back all three rolle, phillips, brown, find someone to fill in for webster, and get one solid linebacker to solidify that unit. If we can lock in our coverage we should get a good deal of coverage sacks.

So lets think like this Cornerback, Linebacker, who can we bring in?

I have no idea what you are asking

repair. tuck and or kiwi will be the situational pass rusher. i prefer tuck, bc the way I see it; yes he can play the run very well and play the pass very well. It seems that physical restrictions are preventing him from doing both. case in point, vs Philly he played 26 snaps primarily vs the pass, and he had by far his best game.
    its up to PF how to use him bc hes equally as good vs the run. i just think physical limitations are hindering him. if kiwi starts, hes stout vs the run, and he also led the team in pressures one year. altho, i could easily see PF using Kiwi as the situational and Tuck as the starter and im afraid the results will be like this past year.
    if we can draft a jpp type DE, JR will do it imo and keep Kiwi as the hybrid to give the rookie some snaps. theres alot of ways to fix this imo
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 01-02-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I have no idea what you are asking
    hes asking if we should repair our nascar scheme, if its repairable, or to move more towards a coverage scheme with the focus being on the back end, presumably getting as many quality corners bc he mentions the guys we'd keep...am I close OP?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    repair. tuck and or kiwi will be the situational pass rusher. i prefer tuck, bc the way I see it; yes he can play the run very well and play the pass very well. It seems that physical restrictions are preventing him from doing both. case in point, vs Philly he played 26 snaps primarily vs the pass, and he had by far his best game.
    its up to PF how to use him bc hes equally as good vs the run. i just think physical limitations are hindering him. if kiwi starts, hes stout vs the run, and he also led the team in pressures one year. altho, i could easily see PF using Kiwi as the situational and Tuck as the starter and im afraid the results will be like this past year.
    if we can draft a jpp type DE, JR will do it imo and keep Kiwi as the hybrid to give the rookie some snaps. theres alot of ways to fix this imo
    to add
    altho i cant see JR passing on a DE that can be a bookend freak along with JPP and having strength in numbers like the WR core.

i know we all think our team sucks, but really, we're a RT and G or C away on offense as is (when nicks is healthy). On D, we're a DL that assaults an OL away. Hosely can overtake Webster or we give Webster one more shot. or we can draft a corner. JR doesnt have as many holes as believed around here.

If JR can hit on a money DE in the draft, the entire D is better. If JR can hit on money OL in the offseason, the O is better...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    hes asking if we should repair our nascar scheme, if its repairable, or to move more towards a coverage scheme with the focus being on the back end, presumably getting as many quality corners bc he mentions the guys we'd keep...am I close OP?
    yes. That is it. Essentially we lived for years off a potent 4 man rush. With the state of the current starters it may be hard to build a dominant unit like that again. So is it time to move on?

i think with JPP, we can rebuild it. having that freak is step 1, ala Strahan. It took forever to get our DL to this level too dont forget, like 17 yrs for Strahan man I hope thats wrong. But I think JR thinks lol he can get 1 more year out of Tuck. Kiwi is a nice luxury. Theoretically, JR hits on 2 DE's this draft, the DL is back and better than ever. We need to replace Osi, who hadnt given us much since 2010, not to the level it cant be replaced at least. IF tucks used right, as a situational pass rusher, imo he can be extremely effective. Hes too broke down to do both, the run and pass, well consistently.
    But I can see the argument, we got JPP and Tuck, maybe 1 DE, the rest in LB and secondary and worry more bout coverage personnel. we'll see itll be interesting.

imo, we'll go trying to repackage the nascar/pressure scheme

Bring in Bennett to play with his brother. Quality starter across the line from JPP. Bring Tuck in situationally and move Kiwi down from LB. We are one quality DE away from having a successful NascarPackage again IMO.

I agree, its got to be quality tho, like as good as possible. Don't know if Bennett is that. He'd be a nice addition, but don't know if he'd solve the pass rushing difficulties.

There is really only one team that has a dominant defense without a very good pass rush, and thats the Jets.

And its a lot easier to find more pass rushers than it is to find a Revis.