+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reese's job secure if the Giants miss the playoffs again next season.

Anyone think he may be in jeopardy if we miss or does 2 SB give him a pass for at least 4-5 more years?

I like Reese i preferred him over Ernie. I love how he drafts i loved how he was the first 2 seasons and would say what he felt but now days he 100 percent pc. one thing i dont like is how he manages the salary cap.

Veteran
    he is fine for seasons to come - JPP hakeem cruz (has to be credited with victor even though everyone passed on him too) bennett, snee, wilson randle and so many far before that have to be credited to him as he was head of scouting - I realize there are busts in there too but man imagine tannenbaum was our gm - the guy has had one find in a draft ever in revis, and some ok's with ferguson and a nice player in mangold and wilkerson and thats it.

2 Rings buys you a lot of rope A LOT - and deservedly so.

How many teams fire their GMs after they have a winning season, playoffs or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    he is fine for seasons to come - JPP hakeem cruz (has to be credited with victor even though everyone passed on him too) bennett, snee, wilson randle and so many far before that have to be credited to him as he was head of scouting - I realize there are busts in there too but man imagine tannenbaum was our gm - the guy has had one find in a draft ever in revis, and some ok's with ferguson and a nice player in mangold and wilkerson and thats it.

yeah i figure it would , all i would ask if i was an owner was not bury the team in future cap hits. he is like my uncle sal spending 4000 a month and he makes 3000

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post

yeah i figure it would , all i would ask if i was an owner was not bury the team in future cap hits. he is like my uncle sal spending 4000 a month and he makes 3000

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    How many teams fire their GMs after they have a winning season, playoffs or not?
    well i said next season, if we miss again. 2 seasons under achieving i would think at least coaching changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    well i said next season, if we miss again. 2 seasons under achieving i would think at least coaching changes.
    I wouldnt even expect that. I think as long as they are in the playoff hunt towards the end of the season nobody is getting fired.

Reese is here to stay for several years. Odds are that he will outlast the Eli and Coughlin era.

i gotta think he'd be clear into our next HC being given more than a long enough chance to be successful and if not he goes with the next HC if its a bust imo which could be a decade lol u never know

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I wouldnt even expect that. I think as long as they are in the playoff hunt towards the end of the season nobody is getting fired.
    the down side of sb's huh. lol