+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Ogletree ?

Hybrid View

Alec Ogletree ?

I really don't watch any college football so all my knowledge is based off youtube videos and i would like to know what is so special about this kid. I only ask because i see a lot of people on here talk about him, but when i watch videos him it look like he gets pushed around a lot by OL and cant get off blocks. what makes him better than Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown.

Watched him play yesterday ... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Watched him play yesterday ... meh.
    He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.
    Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't?
    exactly what i've been saying.. Once u really watch this kid, u can't help but fall for him as a prospect.. Hes definetly a kid whos gonna make a diffrence and not be invisible, thats for sure...

He's a converted safety who will likely run better than other inside linebackers and has a frame to gain significant weight.

But he is certainly a project

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He's a converted safety who will likely run better than other inside linebackers and has a frame to gain significant weight.

But he is certainly a project
    So true. I was watching all the stuff on youtube/bowl game and came to the same exact conclusion. Looks like a project.

Other observations are that he has a few stud d-linemen in front of him to eat up blockers. If this guy can't be his own impact player then I don't think he is a 1st round talent. On top of the fact that he doesn't possess rare (pierre-paul like) athleticism. No freakish plays.

Reminds me a lot of a smaller Akeem Ayers. Not spectacular in college.

I'd like to see Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky in Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

So true. I was watching all the stuff on youtube/bowl game and came to the same exact conclusion. Looks like a project.

Other observations are that he has a few stud d-linemen in front of him to eat up blockers. If this guy can't be his own impact player then I don't think he is a 1st round talent. On top of the fact that he doesn't possess rare (pierre-paul like) athleticism. No freakish plays.

Reminds me a lot of a smaller Akeem Ayers. Not spectacular in college.

I'd like to see Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky in Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Those are some crazy hops

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I hope you are being sarcastic...

I saw this and am certainly impressed, but not enough to give him the "freakish ability" tag. I don't care how well he can field an onside kick, bottom line is he is just average for a "1st rounder" when playing defense.
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.