+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alec Ogletree ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I wouldnt say that ,I do very much respect Sportzfans opinions
    Never said you didn't just giving you some kudos, friend.

Oh and someone asked me who I would target in the first round. So, in my "uneducated" opinion the Giants should consider all options in pursuit of Te'o, he is rare and would immediately improve the MLB position and make JWill/Boley/Paysinger or whoever else plays beside him better yet. But if that is deemed impossible I would be looking for OL-Warmack, CB-Banks, DT-Richardson and I've also been really impressed with Matt Elam from Florida.

But this thread is about Ogletree, right?
    Last edited by PBTimmons; 01-05-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.
    Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.
    This was my thinking too.

Oh and someone asked me who I would target in the first round. So, in my "uneducated" opinion the Giants should consider all options in pursuit of Te'o, he is rare and would immediately improve the MLB position and make JWill/Boley/Paysinger or whoever else plays beside him better yet. But if that is deemed impossible I would be looking for OL-Warmack, CB-Banks, DT-Richardson and I've also been really impressed with Matt Elam from Florida.

Teo is not rare. No prospect in this draft is rare in fact.

Hey guys, I've caught a lot of **** in this thread and I don't want anyone to think I ran away or anything...just forgot about the discussion.

You act like his leaping ability has everything to do with being a good football player, let alone an NFL caliber LB. Ogletree is a raw, undersized safety-turned-MLB with limited starting experience and very average instincts for the position. All things considered he's just not a first round guy I'm begging the Giants to take at 19.

I tend to agree with just about everything RedEye is saying. Not to mention that I believe his opinion deserves a little more respect considering he has gone out of his way to put videos of draft prospects (including Ogletree) on Youtube.

*For the record: Probably 95% of the statements on this forum are opinion based. Just because someone uses phrases such as "bottom line" doesn't indicate they are stating any facts. It's for persuasive effect.
    I act like Leaping Ability is all that matters???lol What? I commented on that because u said u weren't impressed by his up's. I then went on further to validate my opinion by showing all hes done while missing 4games, including leading the Defense loaded with NFL prospects in tackles..

Who cares if hes a converted saftey? Thats because hes 2 big to play the positon and if anything just gives him that much more of a prespective on the field, as he now can think like both a S and ILB.. Hes got enough size, and proved he knows how to use it, as hes smashed RB's at the line and they go nowhere, and hes pretty much makes at least one monster hit a game, while piling up the tackles and impact plays.. Sure, he can stand to gain a few more LB's and get a bit better at disengaging, but all in all, the kids well on his way and has a skill package that simply makes defenses better with him on the field..

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't?
    exactly what i've been saying.. Once u really watch this kid, u can't help but fall for him as a prospect.. Hes definetly a kid whos gonna make a diffrence and not be invisible, thats for sure...

Still strongly disagree he is a first round pick.

He's a projection as a middle linebacker. Crap with his hands, doesn't like to engage with a blocker. If a blocker gets his hands on him he's done.

Projects better coming out as a weak side run and chase type.

He's a projection as a middle linebacker. Crap with his hands, doesn't like to engage with a blocker. If a blocker gets his hands on him he's done.

The Combine will really determine where he goes in this case I think.

If he pulls a sub 4.5 in the 40 teams will go gaga for him.

And does that even matter? The key is the guy is a three down line backer who doesn't need to come off the field no matter what the situation is. He might be a bit undersized at the moment, but I fully expect him to put on size, as does everyone else. Let me refer you to Brian Urlacher who put on 20 pounds from his last college game to the combine and ran a 4.59 (Which Olgletree will beat)
    Last edited by juice33s; 01-10-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Don't be surpised when Olgetree is the first ILB taken in the 2013 draft

+ Reply to Thread