+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Django Unchained.....

I really want to see this movie, I just have one question to ask...Is it anything like Amistad? I saw that movie once, and could never watch it again...I have no problem with language and violence, but that movie was too much! I love anything Tarantino does, so I'm considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I took my wife to see Django last night. I'm still not sure what I think of it. One thing is for sure though; if there was any doubt I think it's clear now that Tarantino has an infatuation with the "N" word and violence. I actually think he wakes up in the morning and forces himself to say the "N" word 100 times just to make himself feel good inside.

I get that the setting of the movie is during slavery, but geez, the way he used the word and the amount of times used was just crazy. And the gory violence, particularly the slave fighting scence was very disturbing and not even accurate. There is no record of "slave/Mandingo fighting. Slave masters didn't let them fight to the death like that because of economics- one less slave not working meant less money in their pocket.

It didn't feel like a 2hr 45min. film at all. I think The dialogue in the film is very good and I think made the film move along well.

Tarantino is a very creative director, but this is one movie of his- this and Death Proof- that I didn't like.
    My wife and I saw it yesterday afternoon. I am a guy who thinks QT is the greatest film artist since Kubrick. I thought it wasn't his best effort but it was still a very compelling film. It rambled around a bit but the end was outstanding. It just took a lot of stops and starts to get there.
    My biggest reaction to the film was historical. Was this really going on in our Country? I suppose it was. If so its amazing how barbaric some were in the 19th century.
    Tarantino is brilliant, and he can take me anywhere, even in a world where WWII was rewritten or where you could actually bring Samurai swords on airplanes. This was a fine film as well but I suppose I'm spoiled with his work always being so brilliant. But even though I don't think this was his best work, it may be the film that stays with me the longest.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My wife and I saw it yesterday afternoon. I am a guy who thinks QT is the greatest film artist since Kubrick. I thought it wasn't his best effort but it was still a very compelling film. It rambled around a bit but the end was outstanding. It just took a lot of stops and starts to get there.
    My biggest reaction to the film was historical. Was this really going on in our Country? I suppose it was. If so its amazing how barbaric some were in the 19th century.
    Tarantino is brilliant, and he can take me anywhere, even in a world where WWII was rewritten or where you could actually bring Samurai swords on airplanes. This was a fine film as well but I suppose I'm spoiled with his work always being so brilliant. But even though I don't think this was his best work, it may be the film that stays with me the longest.
    I can tell you love Tarantino, with your GoGo avatar

What a bad ***** she was!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    I really want to see this movie, I just have one question to ask...Is it anything like Amistad? I saw that movie once, and could never watch it again...I have no problem with language and violence, but that movie was too much! I love anything Tarantino does, so I'm considering it.
    The movie is nothing like Amistad. In its heart of hearts Django is a spaghetti-western with the theme of slavery attached to the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    The movie is nothing like Amistad. In its heart of hearts Django is a spaghetti-western with the theme of slavery attached to the main character.
    That's true. Tarantino loves to use old genres and revitalize them. I love how he uses modern music in historical movies. The guy is flat brilliant.
    BTW...How fat was he in that scene he was in. Could barely recognize him.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    I can tell you love Tarantino, with your GoGo avatar

What a bad ***** she was!
    GoGo is my Sheltie's name as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    GoGo is my Sheltie's name as well.
    Does your dog have the personality of GoGo? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Does your dog have the personality of GoGo? lol
    No...She's a wonderful couch potato. Very sweet. Never even growled at anyone in her life....Unlike me.

1.The movie was about slavery,if the N word in a movie about slavery bothers you, then your looking to find something wrong with the movie in the first
    place, or your a white person that didnt feel comfortable sitting through a movie that has white people depicted as cruel heartless people....

2.Its a tarrentio movie, if your not a fan of his, dont watch this flick....His movies are supposed to be controversial & over the top....

3.This is literally based on the history of this country & these things actually happend....If these harsh realities bother your or make you feel uncomfortable
    then im sorry, this movie shows some of the terrible things that happend during slavery, if it more realistic then infact the N word shouldve probably been
    used even more....

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    1.The movie was about slavery,if the N word in a movie about slavery bothers you, then your looking to find something wrong with the movie in the first
    place, or your a white person that didnt feel comfortable sitting through a movie that has white people depicted as cruel heartless people....

2.Its a tarrentio movie, if your not a fan of his, dont watch this flick....His movies are supposed to be controversial & over the top....

3.This is literally based on the history of this country & these things actually happend....If these harsh realities bother your or make you feel uncomfortable
    then im sorry, this movie shows some of the terrible things that happend during slavery, if it more realistic then infact the N word shouldve probably been
    used even more....
    This is the most historically accurate film he's made. Most QT films occur in parallel universes.
    This is a very, very good movie. The use of the language is absolutely necessary to portray the times correctly.

+ Reply to Thread