+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants' 2013 Free Agent List

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ree-agent-list

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

T Will Beatty -- Hard to find starting left tackles. Might be most important Giants free agent.
    DE Osi Umenyiora -- Won't rule out return but sounds ready to move on.
    G Kevin Boothe -- Versatile and solid. Giants should bring him back.
    TE Martellus Bennett -- Should only get better but will another team offer more money?
    S Kenny Phillips -- Would like to see him back but for right price.
    LB Chase Blackburn -- Solid vet is an asset but is NYG ready to go with Mark Herzlich?
    LB Keith Rivers -- When healthy, showed glimpses of speed and athleticism.
    K Lawrence Tynes -- Best NFL kicker until shaky finish. Should still be re-signed.
    DT Rocky Bernard -- Cheap and reliable but Marvin Austin needs snaps.
    WR Domenik Hixon -- Solid veteran provides depth and a punt returner.
    TE Bear Pascoe -- Versatile and needed for blocking.
    WR Ramses Barden -- Shined in start vs. CAR but didn't get many other opportunities.
    QB David Carr -- Knows system and works well with Eli.
    TE Travis Beckum -- Injuries hampered Giants career.
    T Sean Locklear -- Great until suffering ugly knee injury.
    CB Justin Tryon -- Invite to camp?
    RB Kregg Lumpkin -- Saw some third-down duties.
    RB Ryan Torain -- Didn't play much.
    DT Shaun Rogers -- Blood clot kept him out of '12.
    CB Brian Witherspoon -- Has to come back from another ACL tear.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

WR Victor Cruz -- Time to pay the salsa.
    S Stevie Brown -- The surprise of 2012 could be starting safety next season.
    RB Andre Brown -- On the mend after broken leg derailed best season.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS

DE Adrian Tracy -- 'Yosi' (Young Osi) might see bigger role.
    C Jim Cordle -- Good for depth/special teams.
    DE Justin Trattou -- Giants like his potential.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Most likely we'll keep Tynes, but I'd really like to see if we can get another kicker to try out....I know that's the least of concerns, but I'm just saying.

Resign: CRUZ (DUH!), S. Brown (Start at S), A. Brown (3/4 RB), Beatty (Starting LT) Boothe (OL depth), Bennett (Starting TE), KP (For Right Price (Brown/Rolle Start)), Blackburn & Rivers (LB Corp. Rotation), Locklear(OL Depth possible Starter), Lumpkin(4th RB), LT (reliable inside 45)

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ree-agent-list

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

T Will Beatty -- Hard to find starting left tackles. Might be most important Giants free agent.
    DE Osi Umenyiora -- Won't rule out return but sounds ready to move on.
    G Kevin Boothe -- Versatile and solid. Giants should bring him back.
    TE Martellus Bennett -- Should only get better but will another team offer more money?
    S Kenny Phillips -- Would like to see him back but for right price.
    LB Chase Blackburn -- Solid vet is an asset but is NYG ready to go with Mark Herzlich?
    LB Keith Rivers -- When healthy, showed glimpses of speed and athleticism.
    K Lawrence Tynes -- Best NFL kicker until shaky finish. Should still be re-signed.
    DT Rocky Bernard -- Cheap and reliable but Marvin Austin needs snaps.
    WR Domenik Hixon -- Solid veteran provides depth and a punt returner.
    TE Bear Pascoe -- Versatile and needed for blocking.
    WR Ramses Barden -- Shined in start vs. CAR but didn't get many other opportunities.
    QB David Carr -- Knows system and works well with Eli.
    TE Travis Beckum -- Injuries hampered Giants career.
    T Sean Locklear -- Great until suffering ugly knee injury.
    CB Justin Tryon -- Invite to camp?
    RB Kregg Lumpkin -- Saw some third-down duties.
    RB Ryan Torain -- Didn't play much.
    DT Shaun Rogers -- Blood clot kept him out of '12.
    CB Brian Witherspoon -- Has to come back from another ACL tear.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

WR Victor Cruz -- Time to pay the salsa.
    S Stevie Brown -- The surprise of 2012 could be starting safety next season.
    RB Andre Brown -- On the mend after broken leg derailed best season.

DE Adrian Tracy -- 'Yosi' (Young Osi) might see bigger role.
    C Jim Cordle -- Good for depth/special teams.
    DE Justin Trattou -- Giants like his potential.

High priority:
    V. Cruz
    S. Brown
    A. Brown
    W. Beatty
    M. Bennett
    A. Tracy

The rest that I would resign (but not for too much)
    K. Phillips
    D. Hixon
    K. Rivers
    S. Locklear (only if he shows he can recover from that nasty injury though)
    C. Blackburn
    L. Tynes
    J. Tryon (vet min, need to keep him on ST only, where he's very good)
    S. Rogers
    J. Cordle

The rest can scram...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    High priority:
    V. Cruz
    S. Brown
    A. Brown
    W. Beatty
    M. Bennett
    A. Tracy

The rest that I would resign (but not for too much)
    K. Phillips
    D. Hixon
    K. Rivers
    S. Locklear (only if he shows he can recover from that nasty injury though)
    C. Blackburn
    L. Tynes
    J. Tryon (vet min, need to keep him on ST only, where he's very good)
    S. Rogers
    J. Cordle

The rest can scram...

I would include Boothe as a high priority
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I would include Boothe as a high priority
    We need a new LG. Unless you want to cut Baas and make Boothe the new C or something... Boothe was far better at C than he ever was at LG. Right now he looks almost as bad as Diehl ever was in the position.

If it were up to me I would cut/let walk the entire O-line except for Beatty and maybe Locklear (depending on injury recovery), and draft exclusively O-line the first three rounds. Our pass protection was atrocious; when you need to max protect against a 4-man rush and Eli is still getting pressure on every other passing down, you're doing it wrong. A dominant pass protecting O-line would allow for Bennett/Robinson and Bradshaw/Brown/Wilson to run routes.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

i think we need to resign cruz,brown,beatty,boothe,bennett,brown,chase hixon and tynes. also in corresponding moves cut canty c toast and diehl
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

In my opnion the Herzlich project should be abandoned, he just does not see the field very well. Boothe Beatty and Blackburn need to be resigned
    The rest can be replaced......of the UFA's

I really hope Chase Blackburn stays. Mark Herzlich isn't ready.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

T Will Beatty -- Hard to find starting left tackles. Might be most important Giants free agent. Not sure how they handle this considering what starting LTs make. I'd think they'd re-sign him though.
    DE Osi Umenyiora -- Won't rule out return but sounds ready to move on. Yeah Osi's gone.
    G Kevin Boothe -- Versatile and solid. Giants should bring him back. One of the easier signings (imo) unless someone jumps in to overpay him (doubtful).
    TE Martellus Bennett -- Should only get better but will another team offer more money? I don't think the Giants pony up ... so if he stays it will be because he wants to (i.e. he'll make more money elsewhere).
    S Kenny Phillips -- Would like to see him back but for right price. This is tough with the emergence of Stevie Brown and KP's injury history. I'd love to see him back but I don't see the Giants paying anywhere near Rolle-type money (and KP is worth more than Rolle imo).
    LB Chase Blackburn -- Solid vet is an asset but is NYG ready to go with Mark Herzlich? Easy signing for depth if for no other reason. He won't command money, so no reason not to sign him. Whether he starts or not is the big question (I don't see Herzlich replacing him tho)
    LB Keith Rivers -- When healthy, showed glimpses of speed and athleticism. Can't stay on the field. Vet minimum imo.
    K Lawrence Tynes -- Best NFL kicker until shaky finish. Should still be re-signed. Consistency says he'll be back.
    DT Rocky Bernard -- Cheap and reliable but Marvin Austin needs snaps. They were on the fence about re-signing him for this year ... after our sad dline performance I can see them letting him go.
    WR Domenik Hixon -- Solid veteran provides depth and a punt returner. Sounds like he wants to stay and understands he won't be breaking the bank either.
    TE Bear Pascoe -- Versatile and needed for blocking. I don't see any competition for his contract.
    WR Ramses Barden -- Shined in start vs. CAR but didn't get many other opportunities. Gone.
    QB David Carr -- Knows system and works well with Eli. Easy and cheap.
    TE Travis Beckum -- Injuries hampered Giants career. Gone.
    T Sean Locklear -- Great until suffering ugly knee injury. Despite popular opinion he wasn't better than DD and caused a boat load of penalties. Journeyman at best and will probably be gone if they have any faith whatsoever in their younger olinemen.
    CB Justin Tryon -- Invite to camp? Will fight for a roster spot and a minimum contract.
    RB Kregg Lumpkin -- Saw some third-down duties. AB, AB, DW ... room for one more.
    RB Ryan Torain -- Didn't play much. Gone.
    DT Shaun Rogers -- Blood clot kept him out of '12. Gone
    CB Brian Witherspoon -- Has to come back from another ACL tear. Gone

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

WR Victor Cruz -- Time to pay the salsa. Will sign big contract.
    S Stevie Brown -- The surprise of 2012 could be starting safety next season. Giants will put up a big tender (1st or 1st and 3rd) and make him duplicate 2012 before signing him.
    RB Andre Brown -- On the mend after broken leg derailed best season. Brown will be back (flies through tenders (2nd or 3rd)) and will have to prove that he's still got the juice and that he can stay on the field.

DE Adrian Tracy -- 'Yosi' (Young Osi) might see bigger role. I can see Tracy getting a bigger role in 2013.
    C Jim Cordle -- Good for depth/special teams. Meh.
    DE Justin Trattou -- Giants like his potential. Meh.