+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free agents that are possible to get

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Nah, if you take the cap hit in to account, cutting Boley and Webster would only free up around $1 million... Not worth it.
    How do you know what the cap hit would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    How do you know what the cap hit would be?
    I have always found that SO confusing
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    This. The highest profile FA I can remember us bringing in recently are Canty and Rolle. Before that, Lavar Arrington (that didn't work out so well). I think it has worked out just fine for us (2 SuperBowls in 5 years). Wish we could get Grimes, but no way we could afford him.
    Only reason i listed Grimes was because he was out for the whole season with an injury. I thought maybe that would make him cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I have always found that SO confusing
    Yeah, me too. I mean I understand the basic premise but is there even detailed contract info out there to even calculate cap hits?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Bennett was a stroke of genius
    Yes he was and i think he is happy here. I really want us to keep him as a NY Giant.

Nah, if you take the cap hit in to account, cutting Boley and Webster would only free up around $1 million... Not worth it.
    Where do you get this from?

Both Boley and Webster are on the last year of long deals, and I don't believe they've restructured at all during that time. Usually guys ont he last year of their deals you get the most cap relief for.

Just for the record, I'm not for cutting Boley, he's played very well for us. Webster will need to be worked on because he has a huge cap number this year after sub par play.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It was a voidable year. Which I believe has to be voided.
    Sort of like his play this year
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Yes he was and i think he is happy here. I really want us to keep him as a NY Giant.
    He has already made it clear he was a long deal HERE and will consider a hometown discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Yeah, me too. I mean I understand the basic premise but is there even detailed contract info out there to even calculate cap hits?
    it makes it very difficult for us rear-seat GMs to make our perfect decisions while lacking this info...

Cutting Webster even if it does not saving money makes sense. A rookie can play better or just as worse with less money. Heck, anyone from the stands can put more effort than Webster.

+ Reply to Thread