+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Free agents that are possible to get

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's what's cleared off their base salaries.The cap hit involved is workout bonus (depending when you cut them) and signing bonus (including restructured payments). I believe in the past you had to pay the outstanding signing bonus the year you cut the player (the "guaranteed" money) but under the new CBA, it can continue to be spread out over the original life of the contract. Since both of their contracts are up next year anyway, the cap hit in 2013 isn't too bad (about 1.4 for Boley and 3 for Webster).
    Boley's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Boley's gone.
    I honestly don't know where they rank their players coming out of this year.

Both Boley and Webster underperformed but replacing them with equivalent talent (or what you hope would have been equivalent for their 2011 season) would cost more then we'd save. And I don't think we have the home grown talent to replace Boley. We could possibly replace CWeb if you're comfortable going into 2013 with Prince and Hosely as your starters and a bunch of really young depth.

I could see the Giants standing pat on both players for 2013.

And let's keep in mind, the JPP contract extension on the horizon which is going to be GINORMOUS. If he has a good year next year he's gonna want Demarcus Ware money, and the Giants won't have much of a choice but to pay him.

Both Boley and Webster underperformed but replacing them with equivalent talent (or what you hope would have been equivalent for their 2011 season) would cost more then we'd save. And I don't think we have the home grown talent to replace Boley. We could possibly replace CWeb if you're comfortable going into 2013 with Prince and Hosely as your starters and a bunch of really young depth.

My bet is Webster stays and Boley goes. Every linebacker on the team played more snaps than Boley last two games.

I can't see Webster going. Reese over-emphasized an "evaluation process" on every player on the roster. I think what's gonna be clear as he sits down with Coughlin is gonna be that Boley was phased out of the defense towards the end of the season.

As for Webster, just hearing Reese touch on that during his press conference, his preliminary take on Webster's season (namely the Baltimore game) was that he just had a bad game, and that's expected from corners every now and then. Webster had a rough season, but I don't feel comfortable going into next year with Prince Amukamara (injury concerns), and Jayron Hosley (possible injury concerns, and still young as it is) as the two starting CBs. I can't imagine Reese does either.

And anyway, in this league you need at least three starting corners. Webster is still starting caliber, and he'll most likely be back; I only wonder at what cost, though.

If we cut both Boley and Webster, that would clear up $11.25 million against our 2013 cap.
    My bad, I was looking at it like it's still 2012.

All-Pro
    Odonije is getting up there (32) but might be a good 2-3 year short term solution, if the price is right he injects an immediate improvement that can bring pressure up the middle and stop the run.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

and we have to think about a small guy like hosley some of the big recievers in our division and confrence

Im down with Grimes.. not like the Giants can afford him anyway..

grimes or atall fast corner in the draft

+ Reply to Thread