+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Hill was also suspended 4 games.
    And you think losing our 4th (5th?) Safety for 4 games cost us a game?

All-Pro
    Absolutely. Hill is this teams future and the 4 games he lost hurt the team when KP went down. The guy was playing very good when called on only to have his progress delayed by missing 4 games.

I agree with Buddy333 about Hill, I think he's a keeper with a bright future and played pretty damn good his first year...

Veteran
    The giants were one of the first teams to use PFF which took a look at different stats and how to use them - simple by nature but no site had done it before. They look at pitch count and where each player lined up based on a position labeling system a bit different then the natural labels but fairly similar. Then another more experienced analyst rates each player on every single play and gets a cummulative score (this is far more subjective). I know cause i worked there for a brief stint.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I agree with Buddy333 about Hill, I think he's a keeper with a bright future and played pretty damn good his first year...
    I agree that he's a good player (in hindsight). I don't think he would have been instrumental in saving one of the 4 games he missed (especially since we only lost one of them).

Kruunch, you just don't like PFF because they took a **** on Diehl for the past 3 years.

Veteran
    we don't need safty help, we have veterans and young talent there.. we need GOOD CORNERS.. I like what prince has shown this season hes only going to get better, but he gets hurt easily and doesn't seem to like to play hurt. Hosely has potential, but I don't know if he's the awsner. Webby is done, but assuming he comes back and has even a decent year, he still will need replacing with age. Anyway, fact is we have a number of problems that need to be addressed, while trying to keep some key players I.E. cruz.. It should be an interesting offseason.. so many possibilities and scenerios

Veteran
    or maybe more importantly at least some depth... a guy who can bring more to the table than tryon..

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Kruunch, you just don't like PFF because they took a **** on Diehl for the past 3 years.
    I don't like PFF because a ball obviously thrown away all of a sudden shows up as a "pass defensed" on some DB's stat line.

Same with blocks, missed blocks, pressures, etc ... their judgment stats are awful (imo).

And then they have the balls to charge for that crap.

We need corners, LB's, and O-Line help. Safety will not be upgraded, I see a potential DE from the draft or FA as well. Shefter reported this morning that he's heard the Giants will be making drastic changes to the Defense this off season. Rotoworld reported if Webster and Diehl do not take MASSIVE paycuts this offseason, they will be cut.

We have a lot of players coming off our books this offseason, Phillips and Blackburn met with Reese on Monday and both sound as if they won't be coming back. Our defense is OLD and needs to speed up. One of the few bright spots this year was Will Hill. I disagree with Kruuunch's assesment on him. The kid is going to be a stud in this league and we locked him down for 3 years with a $1.44 million deal. Reese knows what he's doing, and I believe our D will look alot different next year. But safety is the last thing we need an upgrade on for D, even with a potential Phillips departure.