+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Credibility of the Steve Spagnuolo Story

Sorry if it's been posted before but I came across the story that Saints players want Spagnuolo fired. Typical ''annonymous'' crap but can anyone shed some light if this is actually true or not? Or just writers trying to get a story out?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassett00 View Post
    Sorry if it's been posted before but I came across the story that Saints players want Spagnuolo fired. Typical ''annonymous'' crap but can anyone shed some light if this is actually true or not? Or just writers trying to get a story out?
    If it's true and happens, don't expect it to make a difference in how the Giants carry out their plans for next season for Perry Fewell. They will not suddenly take back their word and fire Fewell to bring back Spags.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

#AnonymousSaintsPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    If it's true and happens, don't expect it to make a difference in how the Giants carry out their plans for next season for Perry Fewell. They will not suddenly take back their word and fire Fewell to bring back Spags.
    +1.

besides Spags had the 1 cinderella year with us in 07. hes had nothing sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    +1.

Thank you for being a lone voice of reason on these boards re: Spags. I don't get the Spags love that so many on here have. He was an absolute disaster in STL. Fisher, a mediocre, defensive minded coach, has the team playing much better than Spags did, and in an NFCW which is drastically tougher than the pansy division it was when Spags was there. His NO team just set the record for most yards ever given up.
    Yes, the Giant D played great in '07 - it also had a still effective Strahan, an at his peak Tuck and Osi, the underrated Cofield, and excellent veteran leadership in Pierce, Mitchell and Madison (along with Strahan) of course. I'm not saying Spags' role was meaningless - he did a great job with that talent, but there's no reason whatsover based on his record to believe he can do it with less.

I'm not saying we should go for him at all. I just wanted to get peoples views on him seeing he's been at times rated out of this world by a few on this board. See what the views are now that he has had the worst defence in total yards in NFL history. I personally don't see us parting with Fewell. I blame him for a few things. But I put more blame on the players for miscues etc granted we did have some injuries in key positions but that's not excuse for playing poorly at times

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Not that I want that to happen, but who gave their word? The only thing I've heard was when TC was asked about coaching changes, he said "not that I would discuss or have intentions of".

Did Reese say anything regarding it?

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    Not that I want that to happen, but who gave their word? The only thing I've heard was when TC was asked about coaching changes, he said "not that I would discuss or have intentions of".

Did Reese say anything regarding it?
    Coaches are Coughlins decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    +1.

Nah, I recall he did very well for us in 2008. I think the offense just sputtered out.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Coaches are Coughlins decision.
    I know they let the head coach bring in his own staff, but they don't always let him keep a coach/coordinator who isn't a good fit.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1