+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Talking Like A Player Who Won't Be Back

Bradshaw Talking Like A Player Who Won't Be Back

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...o-wont-be-back

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw says he’ll be “a Giant forever.” But he can’t say for sure that he’ll be in a Giants uniform next season.

Bradshaw brought fiery leadership to a quiet Giants team this season and rushed for more than 1,000 yards for the second time in his career, and he says he’s entering the offseason in relatively good health. But to hear him talk about it, his reward for that performance could be a dismissal from the only franchise he’s ever known.

“You just never know who won’t be back next year,” Bradshaw said as he cleaned out his locker earlier this week. “Including me.”
    The statement may have seemed odd, especially since Bradshaw still has two years remaining on the four-year extension that he signed in the summer of 2011. But the 26-year-old runner clearly doesn’t believe that his role in New York is secure. He spoke the same way immediately after Sunday’s regular season finale, saying that “this was going to be the last ride for a lot of guys to be Giants” and “it could be me by the same token.

Bradshaw is slated to earn $3.75 million next season and $4 million the year after that, and he said the Giants have not approached him about restructuring his current deal. But, despite leading the Giants with 1,015 rushing yards, he wasn’t happy with his play this season, and he understands that team’s awful finish matters far more than his stat line.“We don’t make it to the playoffs, ain’t nothing to say,” he said. “That just all sums it up. I like to win; it’s not about the individual, it’s about the team and I’m a team player.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It also sounds like a player with a bad taste in his mouth after not making the playoffs and realizing that there will be changes coming. The team may move in a different direction at RB, or they might not. Won't know until it happens.

i doubt we get rid of bradshaw. he'll just have a diminished role, but still enough carries to be a significant contributor, so he shouldnt get too down in the dumps. u know how prideful he is, that he knows wilsons is 99% gonna be starting, that messes with bradshaws psyche. but he'll still be pivotal to the offense imo. cant see us getting rid of him. he's 26. and despite how his injuries indicate otherwise, he actually doesnt have a ton of use on the wheels. he's never really been the sole, every guy rb. he's always had BJ with him and before that he was 3rd on the depth chart. He still can be extremely effective. Hope he doesnt go the Tuck route and play as bad as he might feel

All-Pro
    Unfortunately the business side of football could effect him but losing the heart of the offense is not a good thing. Guys might step, we don't know.

I'm a grown man but I might actually weep like a little girl if he's not back next year. Bradshaw IS the heart of this team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm a grown man but I might actually weep like a little girl if he's not back next year. Bradshaw IS the heart of this team.
    +1. My favorite player on the team by far

buddy and titiwo, i agree about bradshaw being the heart of the offense, but have u seen Wilson and how he has been with other teams? hes every bit as passionate as bradshaw, he literally almost was crying bc he was so upset he fumbled week 1, guy is like bradshaw in that regard and fell IF worst came to worse and bradshaws gone, which i dont think/want to happen, wilson could step up in that regard

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    buddy and titiwo, i agree about bradshaw being the heart of the offense, but have u seen Wilson and how he has been with other teams? hes every bit as passionate as bradshaw, he literally almost was crying bc he was so upset he fumbled week 1, guy is like bradshaw in that regard and fell IF worst came to worse and bradshaws gone, which i dont think/want to happen, wilson could step up in that regard
    Not only does Bradshaw care about the team but he exhibits a certain type of toughness out there. I don't see the same toughness from Wilson that I do from Bradshaw.

Bradshaw is a beast. if it wasnt for his feet and ankles he would be in the same class as Marshawn Lynch and/or Frank Gore!

he could carry this team if healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Was one of the reasons I was such a fan of Wilson pre-draft. Wilson is ultra competitive and can be that guy but he hasn't earned that respect yet and honestly...it may take some time. Bradshaw has played through bad feet, broken ankles, a sprained knee and always showed up. Not to mention won 2 SB's with this team.

I just think the Giants parting ways with him because of salary would be a huge mistake. There are plenty other guys here making a lot more money who don't put up nearly the amount of effort AB does. I think it would be a big shame if the front office did him like that.

+ Reply to Thread