+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Time for a New Coach or A Change in Coaching Style

The coach needs to stop trying to make new players fit the system and change the system to fit the talents of the players. Also speak to players about mistakes rather than not letting them play. Wilson fumbled one play and didn't get to play RB for half the season. He also had the majority of his success running to the outside in college. You have a QB who can use the pass to set up the run, not the other way around. Use no huddle more often with swapping receivers deep each play to wear down CBs. Use play strategies against opposing team weaknesses . Washington was 4th against the run 22nd against the deep pass and we still tried to establish the run. If a team catches on to your strategy change it. Be more unpredictable such as an unexpected onside kick especially against teams with QBs that give you a lot of defensive trouble. Also on defense I don't care how good your front 4 is they cannot maintain pressure against most decent O lines. Blitz more often mixing up the combinations. Also if your player is injured, give him a chance to heal. A healthy Barden is at least as good as an injured Nicks.I believe the problem is Coughlin being set in his ways and not with the DC or OC.

Week 14 of 2011 the Giants needed to beat the Cowboys to stay in the playoff race. A loss would have meant the end of Coughlin's coaching career. He sat his best RB (Bradshaw) for the 1st half for violating team rules. This is who Coughlin is. How many of us would stick to our principles even at the risk of losing the thing (outside of family) that he valued the most.

And you know what? Its worked out remarkably well for us Giants fans. 2 SBs, constant relevance, just 1 losing record (in Eli's rookie year when he was so bad that Vince Lombardi couldn't have salvaged a winning season). He brought BC to national prominence - they are now cellar dwellers in the pathetic ACC. He took Jax from startup to 2 Championship games, and I think they've had 2 winning seasons since he left.
    Very few coaches have been as successful as TC. I will never understand the dislike for him - who exactly do you think has done better? Giants fans will rue the day when he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    Week 14 of 2011 the Giants needed to beat the Cowboys to stay in the playoff race. A loss would have meant the end of Coughlin's coaching career. He sat his best RB (Bradshaw) for the 1st half for violating team rules. This is who Coughlin is. How many of us would stick to our principles even at the risk of losing the thing (outside of family) that he valued the most.

And you know what? Its worked out remarkably well for us Giants fans. 2 SBs, constant relevance, just 1 losing record (in Eli's rookie year when he was so bad that Vince Lombardi couldn't have salvaged a winning season). He brought BC to national prominence - they are now cellar dwellers in the pathetic ACC. He took Jax from startup to 2 Championship games, and I think they've had 2 winning seasons since he left.
    Very few coaches have been as successful as TC. I will never understand the dislike for him - who exactly do you think has done better? Giants fans will rue the day when he retires.
    Yet he won't bench bradshaw for fumbling or missing blocks the way he does wilson...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Yet he won't bench bradshaw for fumbling or missing blocks the way he does wilson...
    Bradshaw didn't miss one block until after he had to wear a brace on his knee. You need to understand Coughlin isn't going anywhere.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Bradshaw didn't miss one block until after he had to wear a brace on his knee. You need to understand Coughlin isn't going anywhere.
    I don't have a problem with Coach Coughlin, only our miserable garbage OC.

We allready know there wont be any changes for 2013. Move on.