+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Kiwi/Blackburn/Boley

    Easily the worst defensive unit this year. Will any of these LB's be starting next year?

    Kiwi - was invisible this year at LB and most likely moves back to DE with Osi leaving

    Blackburn - is a FA, and i don't he played consistency enough to warrant bringing him back. Plus, he sees himself as a starter now and i don't think he'll come back to be a backup and play special teams

    Boley - his play dropped off considerably this year and I think he may get cut, not because he played poorly, but because he lost playing time towards the end of the season to Paysinger and Herzlich


    Williams has good upside and I would like to see Rivers back, even though he is injury prone, and give him a chance to earn a starting spot

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by GiantFanatic55; 01-02-2013 at 05:36 PM.

  2. #2
    i think all 3 will be coming back!

  3. #3
    im willing to give rivers another shot. he was injured, but also flashed at times showing the physical athleticism he has. he could be a real nice LB if healthy. Blackburn is great depth, just bc he wont start doesnt mean he wont be effective. Kiwi I agree was better at DE this year, at least more impactful imo. I don't know, getting the DL back to the level we're accustomed to helps the LB/DB's out a lot

  4. #4
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,849
    Depends on how they draft. What if they get a stud LB in the draft? Maybe they move Kiwi back to DE especially with the loss of Osi. Boley might be a business move.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Ridiculous all around.

    Kiwi belongs on the d-line. We all know that. How anyone can fault him for stepping up when asked and playing a position that is not natural to him is just crazy. No he's not a good LB'er, but again - he did step up for the team when he was called upon.

    Chase is routinely praised by our coaches as the most valuable defender on the entire team. And despite this giants message board mindset that he is terrible, he actually, in reality, is tremendously consistent, and performed very well this year.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Chase is routinely praised by our coaches as the most valuable defender on the entire team. And despite this giants message board mindset that he is terrible, he actually, in reality, is tremendously consistent, and performed very well this year.
    He's consistently inconsistent...Yes he does call the plays, but he can't defend the run and is terrible in coverage

    He only above average games this year were @ Cowboys, @ Bengals and home against the Eagles. All of the other games he was average or below average and most games he couldn't get off a block to save his life and was getting burned in coverage

  7. #7
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,928
    Id like to see Boley - Herz - Williams.. dont know who would be the SAM though

  8. #8
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,561
    I hate thinking about our LBs....Kiwi thank god theres a good chance he goes back to DE....Hopefully Williams can get & stay healthy,along with rivers....Boley, hes making much more $ than hes worth....Blackburn,we may have no choice but to deal with him again if the FO does what we all expect them to do (not fix the problem).....But maybe behind a improved Dline it wont be as ugly.....
    One way or another, we have to add LB youth & before round 3, no projects or late round picks......Kevin Minter,Ogletree,Arthur Brown,Gerald Hodges & kasheem Greene, Im starting my homework now on these guys...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    One way or another, we have to add LB youth & before round 3, no projects or late round picks
    Agreed

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I hate thinking about our LBs....Kiwi thank god theres a good chance he goes back to DE....Hopefully Williams can get & stay healthy,along with rivers....Boley, hes making much more $ than hes worth....Blackburn,we may have no choice but to deal with him again if the FO does what we all expect them to do (not fix the problem).....But maybe behind a improved Dline it wont be as ugly.....
    One way or another, we have to add LB youth & before round 3, no projects or late round picks......Kevin Minter,Ogletree,Arthur Brown,Gerald Hodges & kasheem Greene, Im starting my homework now on these guys...
    Most of the time these so called "projects" are a wasted draft pick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts