+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Kiwi/Blackburn/Boley

Easily the worst defensive unit this year. Will any of these LB's be starting next year?

Kiwi - was invisible this year at LB and most likely moves back to DE with Osi leaving

Blackburn - is a FA, and i don't he played consistency enough to warrant bringing him back. Plus, he sees himself as a starter now and i don't think he'll come back to be a backup and play special teams

Boley - his play dropped off considerably this year and I think he may get cut, not because he played poorly, but because he lost playing time towards the end of the season to Paysinger and Herzlich

Williams has good upside and I would like to see Rivers back, even though he is injury prone, and give him a chance to earn a starting spot

Thoughts?
    Last edited by GiantFanatic55; 01-02-2013 at 05:36 PM.

i think all 3 will be coming back!

im willing to give rivers another shot. he was injured, but also flashed at times showing the physical athleticism he has. he could be a real nice LB if healthy. Blackburn is great depth, just bc he wont start doesnt mean he wont be effective. Kiwi I agree was better at DE this year, at least more impactful imo. I don't know, getting the DL back to the level we're accustomed to helps the LB/DB's out a lot

All-Pro
    Depends on how they draft. What if they get a stud LB in the draft? Maybe they move Kiwi back to DE especially with the loss of Osi. Boley might be a business move.

Veteran
    Ridiculous all around.

Kiwi belongs on the d-line. We all know that. How anyone can fault him for stepping up when asked and playing a position that is not natural to him is just crazy. No he's not a good LB'er, but again - he did step up for the team when he was called upon.

Chase is routinely praised by our coaches as the most valuable defender on the entire team. And despite this giants message board mindset that he is terrible, he actually, in reality, is tremendously consistent, and performed very well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Chase is routinely praised by our coaches as the most valuable defender on the entire team. And despite this giants message board mindset that he is terrible, he actually, in reality, is tremendously consistent, and performed very well this year.
    He's consistently inconsistent...Yes he does call the plays, but he can't defend the run and is terrible in coverage

He only above average games this year were @ Cowboys, @ Bengals and home against the Eagles. All of the other games he was average or below average and most games he couldn't get off a block to save his life and was getting burned in coverage

Quote Originally Posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
    He's consistently inconsistent...Yes he does call the plays, but he can't defend the run and is terrible in coverage

He only above average games this year were @ Cowboys, @ Bengals and home against the Eagles. All of the other games he was average or below average and most games he couldn't get off a block to save his life and was getting burned in coverage
    Most only see the splash plays they domnt see him get dominated the other 40 snaps he is on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Most only see the splash plays they domnt see him get dominated the other 40 snaps he is on the field
    Exactly

Ridiculous all around.

Kiwi belongs on the d-line. We all know that. How anyone can fault him for stepping up when asked and playing a position that is not natural to him is just crazy. No he's not a good LB'er, but again - he did step up for the team when he was called upon.

No he wasn't. Based on PFF's ratings he was the second worst player on the defense, worst Lb by FAR.

Blackburn = -10.6
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    We had a terrible D this year. The fact that the coaches think Chase is the best on the team, makes me wonder about what they see. I can see Blackburn stay on ST and #2MLB. If he is our starter we will have another bad year against the run and shallow passing plays.

Kiwi needs to stay at DE. Never should have moved IMO. Boley may stay as a #2 because of TC's loyalty.

I like Williams and Rivers. We have to draft a starter at MLB or find a good one on the FA market.

These are just my opinions guys. I don't hate any Giants.