+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not about the giants but Ray Lewis says he will retire at the end of the seaon.

Veteran

Not about the giants but Ray Lewis says he will retire at the end of the seaon.

No this isn't about the giants but it's something that affects football as a whole.

Giants fans watching in 2000 know more than anyone what the guy can do and what he has done.

Respect.

He gets no respect from me for his off the field activities.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    He gets no respect from me for his off the field activities.
    What activites? Seriously? Are we really gonna say that a guy who was in the same area as a stabbing instantly means HE did it? Is that what we've become?

Next time you hear gunshots nearby, I'll be sure to report you for shooting someone as soon as possible. Especially if you're famous.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 01-02-2013 at 05:11 PM.

So will Hester, probably Urlacher, Reed, Tony Gonzalez, Driver, Moss, Woodson?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    No this isn't about the giants but it's something that affects football as a whole.

Giants fans watching in 2000 know more than anyone what the guy can do and what he has done.

Respect.

Making Kerry Collins crap his pants isn't exactly high praise.

I did think he was a very good field leader though.

What activites? Seriously? Are we really gonna say that a guy who was in the same area as a stabbing instantly means HE did it? Is that what we've become?

Next time you hear gunshots nearby, I'll be sure to report you for shooting someone as soon as possible. Especially if you're famous.
    You might want to check the facts on this one. He was hardly an innocent bystander.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    You might want to check the facts on this one. He was hardly an innocent bystander.
    Winning D player of the year twice is.

You might want to check your facts cause there's this little thing called "wrong place at wrong time"

Last time I checked buddy, innocent bystanders go free. What's your excuse? He's famous? OJ was famous too. A magic fairy took the evidence? Just admit you don't like the ravens or your sour pus cause they blew us out.

Typical. Bunch of ignorant fools who jump on the possibility of any famous person who isn't on their team being arrested.

YOU sir might want to check your facts. Cause your "facts" sounds more like ignorant jargon.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 01-02-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Winning D player of the year twice is.

You might want to check your facts cause there's this little thing called "wrong place at wrong time"

Last time I checked buddy, innocent bystanders go free. What's your excuse? He's famous? OJ was famous too. A magic fairy took the evidence? Just admit you don't like the ravens or your sour pus cause they blew us out.

Typical. Bunch of ignorant fools who jump on the possibility of any famous person who isn't on their team being arrested.

YOU sir might want to check your facts. Cause your "facts" sounds more like ignorant jargon.

Exactly what facts have I stated? You're becoming a little unhinged, son. I have no issue with the Ravens, not with Lewis. They deserved that SB, the Giants weren't even competitive in that game. That's how close it wasn't. Why would that color my judgment over a decade later? Are you really that childish that you would believe such nonsense?

I never questioned his play; I think he was one of the top LBs ever to play the game.

Your inane rant was: "What activites? Seriously? Are we really gonna say that a guy who was in the same area as a stabbing instantly means HE did it? Is that what we've become?

Next time you hear gunshots nearby, I'll be sure to report you for shooting someone as soon as possible. Especially if you're famous."

That's what I questioned. If you want to argue this I'll gladly do so. But please have your facts straight before we do so.

Innocent bystander means no affiliation to the crime. Is that - seriously - what you are purporting to the case here? Completely innocent bystander?
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 01-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Exactly what facts have I stated? You're becoming a little unhinged, son. I have no issue with the Ravens, not with Lewis. They deserved that SB, the Giants weren't even competitive in that game. That's how close it wasn't. Why would that color my judgment over a decade later? Are you really that childish that you would believe such nonsense?

I never questioned his play; I think he was one of the top LBs ever to play the game.

Your inane rant was: "What activites? Seriously? Are we really gonna say that a guy who was in the same area as a stabbing instantly means HE did it? Is that what we've become?

Next time you hear gunshots nearby, I'll be sure to report you for shooting someone as soon as possible. Especially if you're famous."

That's what I questioned. If you want to argue this I'll gladly do so. But please have your facts straight before we do so.

Innocent bystander means no affiliation to the crime. Is that - seriously - what you are purporting to the case here? Completely innocent bystander?
    Where did I say you questioned his play?

There were dozens of people there. Are they innocent bystanders? Funny how the one guy being considered happens to be the star LB.

Of course he was a complete innocent bystander. My God people it was 12 years ago. If any "hidden evidence" or "hush hush" happened, don't you think it would have been brought up by now? The only people who still bring it up still are steelers fans or people who just hate him or the ravens(like steelers fans). There is ZERO proof, ZERO that he actually did it. But I'm sure the average person would instantly

Every fool just translates " black football player who acts angry for show" at crime scene = angry black football player did it.

There was a crowd of people there. Why would the one guy out of dozens of people who is getting payed millions risk something pointless the same season he's gonna win the SB?

The guy testified against the 2 guys who did it. Obviously if he was trying to cover some guy, he wouldn't be testifying against them.

The guys got kids and family.

He was at the building filled with dozens. Gun shots go off. He drives away. The police state that they were looking for HIS car because it was seen leaving the area(NOT because the person driving was the killer). He admits that he misleaded the cops. He explains and testifies against the people(who were also found not guilty) in exchange for 12 year probation(not years in jail for murder) for obstruction of justice(not murder).
    The other two guys were found not guilty. Why are we saying Ray Lewis wasn't innocent? Why not the 2 other guys?
    If you want to and say his mislead makes him not an innocent bystander, fine, but that doesn't make him a culprit and the thought of it is ridiculous.
    The guy in real life is about as much a bad guy as tim tebow, Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald or Troy Polamalu.

The facts are that Lewis was indicted, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and testified against the two men, who were eventually found not guilty. He may also be a redeemed soul — and without a doubt he is one of the very few best defensive players in NFL history. Taken together, that is a more complete version of his legacy.

The madness is when everyone hears about a player being "considered" they translate that as "HE DD IT".

BEN RAPED SOMEONE( even though the only proof is from a drunken girl who was stalking him).

The reality is if famous players were getting away with stuff, Vick wouldn't have been in jail.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 01-02-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Where did I say you questioned his play?

Of course he was a complete innocent bystander. My God people it was 12 years ago. If any "hidden evidence" or "hush hush" happened, don't you think it would have been brought up by now? The only people who still bring it up still are steelers fans or people who just hate him or the ravens(like steelers fans). There is ZERO proof, ZERO that he actually did it. But I'm sure the average person would instantly

Every fool just translates " black football player who acts angry for show" at crime scene = angry black football player did it.

There was a crowd of people there. Why would the one guy out of dozens of people who is getting payed millions risk something pointless the same season he's gonna win the SB?

The guy testified against the 2 guys who did it. Obviously if he was trying to cover some guy, he wouldn't be testifying against them.

The guys got kids and family.

He was at the building filled with dozens. Gun shots go off. He drives away. The police state that they were looking for HIS car because it was seen leaving the area(NOT because the person driving was the killer). He admits that he misleaded the cops. He explains and testifies against the people(who were also found not guilty) in exchange for 12 year probation(not years in jail for murder) for obstruction of justice(not murder).
    The other two guys were found not guilty. Why are we saying Ray Lewis wasn't innocent? Why not the 2 other guys?
    If you want to and say his mislead makes him not an innocent bystander, fine, but that doesn't make him a culprit and the thought of it is ridiculous.
    The guy in real life is about as much a bad guy as tim tebow, Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald or Troy Polamalu.

The facts are that Lewis was indicted, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and testified against the two men, who were eventually found not guilty. He may also be a redeemed soul — and without a doubt he is one of the very few best defensive players in NFL history. Taken together, that is a more complete version of his legacy.

Thank you for getting the facts before responding again. The sheer number of wrongheaded assumptions, dime store psychology BS and idiotic leaps to false conclusions - not to mention the borderline racebaiting without even a scintilla of actual data - in your previous posts were getting tiring to say the least.

So can we safely assume that you've moved off of completely innocent bystander, right?

Because completely innocent bystanders always get indicted, plead guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for testifying against their friends and have the blood of the victim found in their limo, don't they? Do I think he stabbed the guy? Of course not. But that's a far cry from innocent bystander.

All that said, your closing sentence "He may also be a redeemed soul — and without a doubt he is one of the very few best defensive players in NFL history. Taken together, that is a more complete version of his legacy." is in my mundane opinion a very apt description of the man and his legacy.

+ Reply to Thread