+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Ezekiel Ansah play in a 4-3 Defense?

Can Ezekiel Ansah play in a 4-3 Defense?

It appears that with BYU he was a LBer in a 3-4 scheme.......can he translate to our 4-3, and would he be a good fit?

Yes, he's probably a prototype LDE and a guy you can kick inside on passing downs.

yea he's 6"6 270lbs.. same as JPP

I havent done a ton research on ansah yet, but from the looks of it he'll be overdrafted due to JPP's success...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I havent done a ton research on ansah yet, but from the looks of it he'll be overdrafted due to JPP's success...
    bingo.. by the time April comes, he"ll be a top 10 pick

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    It appears that with BYU he was a LBer in a 3-4 scheme.......can he translate to our 4-3, and would he be a good fit?
    He is primarily a 5 tech for BYU although he took snaps at LB 2. Really he lined up everywhere across the line. I dont think he is a LB at all to be honest. He is going to be either a Strongside end in a 4-3 or a 5 tech. I think he is similar to Coples in style of player
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-02-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carter.525 View Post
    bingo.. by the time April comes, he"ll be a top 10 pick
    Bingo x 2. He'll probably star at the combine and move up to top 10.

Ansah is the guy that I want, but don't expect him to be at 19 when we draft. And I have no desire to draft up to get him. I'd be willing to trade down in the draft, but not trade up unless it's for a potential franchise QB like we did for Eli and the 'skins did for RGIII.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Bingo x 2. He'll probably star at the combine and move up to top 10.

Ansah is the guy that I want, but don't expect him to be at 19 when we draft. And I have no desire to draft up to get him. I'd be willing to trade down in the draft, but not trade up unless it's for a potential franchise QB like we did for Eli and the 'skins did for RGIII.
    Giants are in a tough spot because I feel like they HAVE TO bring in a high level talent at DE or SOLB that is an edge rusher that can play some end on passing downs. This team can not go another draft with status quo at DE it will push the franchise back another year. They have to fix the pass rush now.

Do we really want a JPP clone on the other side? Neither one of them are pure pass rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Do we really want a JPP clone on the other side? Neither one of them are pure pass rushers.
    Huh? What does "pure pass rusher" mean to you? A guy who is ONLY good at rushing the QB? Or a guy who can do it all like JPP.

We need guys who can beat 1v1 matchups, its that simple. This year we had 1 guy (JPP) who was getting double teamed nonstop and that left everyone else in 1v1 matchups. The difference between this year and past years is Tuck and Osi did not win their 1v1 matchups. We need a guy who can do that. If we get really lucky we will find a guy who actually makes it a hard choice to Offensive coordinators deciding which player to double team.

+ Reply to Thread