+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LT vs. Ray Lewis

LT vs. Ray Lewis

I saw a poll on ESPN asking who was the greater linebacker. Lewis vs. LT. 52% said LT 48% said Ray Lewis. Yes, Lewis had a great career but do almost half of the people that follow football think that he was better than LT? That's crazy. LT was by far the best ever.

Veteran
    I've never seen L.T play but from the various videos I've seen L.T looks way better.

Veteran
    17 years at MLB is unreal - just amazing. The guy was a warrior, a tackle machine, had the speed to cover and could change a game. Durable and an awesome motivator of men. The 2000 defense was incredible

LT changed the way the position was played - no one played OLB like him. HE CHANGED THE GAME.The 86 defense was unreal and the 90 was pretty specoal too. Edge to taylor, but Ray is one of the greats and after early trouble off the field looks like he has really become a great man - wish we could say the same for Lawrence.

MLB and OLB

not worth comparing

different animals in completely different defensive schemes

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    17 years at MLB is unreal - just amazing. The guy was a warrior, a tackle machine, had the speed to cover and could change a game. Durable and an awesome motivator of men. The 2000 defense was incredible

LT changed the way the position was played - no one played OLB like him. HE CHANGED THE GAME.The 86 defense was unreal and the 90 was pretty specoal too. Edge to taylor, but Ray is one of the greats and after early trouble off the field looks like he has really become a great man - wish we could say the same for Lawrence.
    17 years is incredible,,,,but the game changed drastically. Yes I agree though there will NEVER be another L.T. and the fact that 48% people think Ray Lewis is better, shows that they do not know football.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    MLB and OLB

not worth comparing

different animals in completely different defensive schemes
    +1

Harry Carson would be a more appropriate comparison.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    I saw a poll on ESPN asking who was the greater linebacker. Lewis vs. LT. 52% said LT 48% said Ray Lewis. Yes, Lewis had a great career but do almost half of the people that follow football think that he was better than LT? That's crazy. LT was by far the best ever.
    For the positions they played and how their faces became synonymous with those spots yes. Now Ray Lewis would never have been the pass rushing, outside beast LT was I'm just as confident to say LT would never have been the intelligent play diagnosing between the tackles beast that Ray Lewis was. When you thing 3-4 OLB the first name mentioned is LT's. when you think MLB the first name mentioned is Lewis. Lewis in the only linebacker to have the Tackles, INT, and FF numbers the way he has proving to be an ALL AROUND linebacker.

Veteran
    Sure but you could certainly try and compare their greatness at their respective spots. To me you can argue other MLB's with Ray (butkus nitchscke) but there is no argument in my opinion to LT and the old. To cloud - far better is not fair. Lewis is a legend at MLB and LT is too. You could argue a case for either but I still give the edge to LT for revolutionizing the position.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post

One guy redefined the position and created a prototype of excellence at LB for decades to follow.

The other guy is Ray Lewis.

Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.

Ray Lewis is a beast and the best.

-Giants fan.

+ Reply to Thread