+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: LT vs. Ray Lewis

  1. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    So you can't compare players cause they are from the past? Of course the game has changed - you are comparing them at the times they played not if LT were playing now. In that case boley is better then ray cause he is still playing and 2013 players are far better then 12 - gimme a break LT redefined the game and was better then any backer of his time.

  2. #12
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
    Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.

    Ray Lewis is a beast and the best.

    -Giants fan.
    Giants fan or not that assessment is dead wrong. The fact is that pre-salary cap football allowed teams to assemble some of the best talent ever, far more than will ever be possible in the salary cap era.

    The difference is as simple as this: when you walked away from some of the best games Ray Lewis played in his prime you were left with the thought of "Wow that may be the best player on defense in the game right now.", but when you finished watching some of the best games that LT played in his prime you left the game saying"Wow, that could be the most dominant football player I've ever seen ever!"

    I've never seen Ray Lewis dominate a game on the level of LT. This isn't even a good argument. This argument could only be made by people that didn't see LT play or don't remember how good he was.

    FYI I am a lifetime Ray Lewis fan. I have followed his career since he played at Miami, but this is just CRAZY TALK!!!

  3. #13
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    18,680
    Quote Originally Posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
    Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.

    Ray Lewis is a beast and the best.

    -Giants fan.
    ok.....so you are saying that Joe Jacoby, Russ Grim, Anthony Munoz, Randall McDaniel, Bruce Matthews, Jeff Bostic, Mark May , John Riggins, Tony Dorsett, Doug Cosbie, Wilbert Montgomery, John Spagnola , etc etc etc were low caliber players ?

    not to mention guys like Reggie White, Jarome Brown, Bruce Smith, Jack Youngblood

    not sure your argument is credible whatsoever

    ask Joe Gibbs .....who changed the way blocking schemes are implemented to this day because of LT

    we all know the term "the blind side".........there was no blind side until pass rushers like LT

    ask Ron Jaworski about that
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 01-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.

  4. #14

    No Comparison ! LT was unbleivable ! I saw him in person and he was a beast !

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I've never seen L.T play but from the various videos I've seen L.T looks way better.
    LT was the fastest, strongest and smartest all around linebacker ever ! Change the game and the way offensives had to block and contain outside linebackers.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,885
    half the people polled are 20
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

  6. #16
    Sorry to give you the news young Giants fans, but LT was a MACHINE, teams changed their offenses do to that man, ask Joe Gibbs about LT. Not saying anything negative in regards to Ray Lewis who is a great LB as well, but not in LT's class.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxppgTXECK4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n826EL1T6q8 lawrence taylor highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYBqhZQskKk
    Last edited by The_ One; 01-02-2013 at 07:50 PM.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
    Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.
    So one was a man amongst boys, the other was good but not so much that you can say that.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    I saw a poll on ESPN asking who was the greater linebacker. Lewis vs. LT. 52% said LT 48% said Ray Lewis. Yes, Lewis had a great career but do almost half of the people that follow football think that he was better than LT? That's crazy. LT was by far the best ever.



    If Ray had the chance to smoke crack on the sideline he might have been the best LB hands down. But he didn't. So i say as a Giants fan Ray and LT are hands down tied. I like them both.

  9. #19
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,533
    Quote Originally Posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
    Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.

    Ray Lewis is a beast and the best.

    -Giants fan.

    LMFAO

  10. #20
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,533
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Giants fan or not that assessment is dead wrong. The fact is that pre-salary cap football allowed teams to assemble some of the best talent ever, far more than will ever be possible in the salary cap era.

    The difference is as simple as this: when you walked away from some of the best games Ray Lewis played in his prime you were left with the thought of "Wow that may be the best player on defense in the game right now.", but when you finished watching some of the best games that LT played in his prime you left the game saying"Wow, that could be the most dominant football player I've ever seen ever!"

    I've never seen Ray Lewis dominate a game on the level of LT. This isn't even a good argument. This argument could only be made by people that didn't see LT play or don't remember how good he was.

    FYI I am a lifetime Ray Lewis fan. I have followed his career since he played at Miami, but this is just CRAZY TALK!!!

    It's the whole era thing. If LT came into the league now, he'd still revolutionize the game. Out of this world talent coupled with unbelievable drive and desire is timeless.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts