+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LT vs. Ray Lewis

Veteran
    So you can't compare players cause they are from the past? Of course the game has changed - you are comparing them at the times they played not if LT were playing now. In that case boley is better then ray cause he is still playing and 2013 players are far better then 12 - gimme a break LT redefined the game and was better then any backer of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
    Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.

Ray Lewis is a beast and the best.

-Giants fan.
    Giants fan or not that assessment is dead wrong. The fact is that pre-salary cap football allowed teams to assemble some of the best talent ever, far more than will ever be possible in the salary cap era.

The difference is as simple as this: when you walked away from some of the best games Ray Lewis played in his prime you were left with the thought of "Wow that may be the best player on defense in the game right now.", but when you finished watching some of the best games that LT played in his prime you left the game saying"Wow, that could be the most dominant football player I've ever seen ever!"

I've never seen Ray Lewis dominate a game on the level of LT. This isn't even a good argument. This argument could only be made by people that didn't see LT play or don't remember how good he was.

FYI I am a lifetime Ray Lewis fan. I have followed his career since he played at Miami, but this is just CRAZY TALK!!!

-Giants fan.
    ok.....so you are saying that Joe Jacoby, Russ Grim, Anthony Munoz, Randall McDaniel, Bruce Matthews, Jeff Bostic, Mark May , John Riggins, Tony Dorsett, Doug Cosbie, Wilbert Montgomery, John Spagnola , etc etc etc were low caliber players ?

not to mention guys like Reggie White, Jarome Brown, Bruce Smith, Jack Youngblood

not sure your argument is credible whatsoever

ask Joe Gibbs .....who changed the way blocking schemes are implemented to this day because of LT

we all know the term "the blind side".........there was no blind side until pass rushers like LT

ask Ron Jaworski about that
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 01-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.

No Comparison ! LT was unbleivable ! I saw him in person and he was a beast !

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I've never seen L.T play but from the various videos I've seen L.T looks way better.
    LT was the fastest, strongest and smartest all around linebacker ever ! Change the game and the way offensives had to block and contain outside linebackers.

half the people polled are 20
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Sorry to give you the news young Giants fans, but LT was a MACHINE, teams changed their offenses do to that man, ask Joe Gibbs about LT. Not saying anything negative in regards to Ray Lewis who is a great LB as well, but not in LT's class.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxppgTXECK4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n826EL1T6q8 lawrence taylor highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYBqhZQskKk
    Last edited by The_ One; 01-02-2013 at 07:50 PM.

So one was a man amongst boys, the other was good but not so much that you can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    I saw a poll on ESPN asking who was the greater linebacker. Lewis vs. LT. 52% said LT 48% said Ray Lewis. Yes, Lewis had a great career but do almost half of the people that follow football think that he was better than LT? That's crazy. LT was by far the best ever.

If Ray had the chance to smoke crack on the sideline he might have been the best LB hands down. But he didn't. So i say as a Giants fan Ray and LT are hands down tied. I like them both.

-Giants fan.

LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Giants fan or not that assessment is dead wrong. The fact is that pre-salary cap football allowed teams to assemble some of the best talent ever, far more than will ever be possible in the salary cap era.

The difference is as simple as this: when you walked away from some of the best games Ray Lewis played in his prime you were left with the thought of "Wow that may be the best player on defense in the game right now.", but when you finished watching some of the best games that LT played in his prime you left the game saying"Wow, that could be the most dominant football player I've ever seen ever!"

I've never seen Ray Lewis dominate a game on the level of LT. This isn't even a good argument. This argument could only be made by people that didn't see LT play or don't remember how good he was.

FYI I am a lifetime Ray Lewis fan. I have followed his career since he played at Miami, but this is just CRAZY TALK!!!

It's the whole era thing. If LT came into the league now, he'd still revolutionize the game. Out of this world talent coupled with unbelievable drive and desire is timeless.

+ Reply to Thread