+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LT vs. Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    I saw a poll on ESPN asking who was the greater linebacker. Lewis vs. LT. 52% said LT 48% said Ray Lewis. Yes, Lewis had a great career but do almost half of the people that follow football think that he was better than LT? That's crazy. LT was by far the best ever.
    LT played a long time ago.....most of these people never saw him play

I really have not seen a lot of Ray Lewis but I'd compare Lewis to **** Butkus not LT who was incredibly fast and strong. Lewis is a poor man's **** Butkus. There is no LT comparable...........he was like Michael Jordan was to basketball.......absolutely peerless

And Lewis although he played Butkus style was no **** Butkus............I'd put Brad Van Pelt in front of Lewis. Lewis is/was top 10 of all time but not top 5

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    LT played a long time ago.....most of these people never saw him play

I really have not seen a lot of Ray Lewis but I'd compare Lewis to **** Butkus not LT who was incredibly fast and strong. Lewis is a poor man's **** Butkus. There is no LT comparable...........he was like Michael Jordan was to basketball.......absolutely peerless

And Lewis although he played Butkus style was no **** Butkus............I'd put Brad Van Pelt in front of Lewis. Lewis is/was top 10 of all time but not top 5
    I see Ray Lewis as more of a Singletary ....who was absolutely awesome in the truest sense of the word

and I personally think Harry Carson was a better player than Ray Lewis

no disrespect to Ray.....just extra respect to Carson

Veteran
    Not arguing Lewis cause i have already made my opinion clear - but just wanna say ray lewis is not a poor mans anyone - he is one of the greats with Butkus and Nitscke. Personally I think he exceeded Singletary but mike was a helluva Mike as well.

if you want to factor in longevity Lewis is #1 in the fact he played at a high level so long...........Van Pelt unfortunately like LT did too much coke (Brian Kelly dated my roomate).....those guys burned both ends of the candle-
    Last edited by BParcells777; 01-02-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Not arguing Lewis cause i have already made my opinion clear - but just wanna say ray lewis is not a poor mans anyone - he is one of the greats with Butkus and Nitscke. Personally I think he exceeded Singletary but mike was a helluva Mike as well.
    How do you know this? I've seen maybe 5 Ravens games in my life- do you live down that way?
    Lewis did hit like Butkus

Funny the hardest hitter I ever saw was Larry Wilson (175lbs soaking wet) but Wilson had this karate like shoulder hit that knocked people out cold- he played free saftey for the cardinals
    Last edited by BParcells777; 01-02-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post

Ok maybe he was top 5......but not top 4

Bench Player
    Lewis couldn't quite take over a game like LT. But LT was self-destructive-drugs, booze, poor training habits. His 5 best years were better than Lewis' 5 best years, but Lewis's career was a heckuva a lot more productive.

I wasnt old enough to watch LT is his prime so I cant really say. I seen a lot of Lewis and he is one of my favorite players he has to be one of the top players ever right up with the greats

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    There is no LT comparable...........he was like Michael Jordan was to basketball.......absolutely peerless.
    You took the words out of my mouth. Jordan revolutionized basketball because he did things nobody ever dreamed a human being could do. Exactly the same with LT. Nobody ever thought a guy that big and strong could be so quick and fast. Nobody ever thought that a defender could cause so many fumbles, that a pass-rusher could get to the QB so quickly, that he could run through blockers as if they weren't there. As Madden used to say, LT was the first defender ever to be able to turn a game around.

I witnessed LT throw 320 tackles out of the way like they were made of cardboard.........the man was superhuman

+ Reply to Thread