+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LT vs. Ray Lewis

Bench Player
    The only reason this is any debate at all is that Lewis is the one that is most fresh in the minds of people. While he is an all time great, he is not and never was close to the player LT was. When was the last time you heard some one saying that Lewis HAS to be acounted for on every play (pass or run). That was the routine for LT, account for him EVERY play. I am not old enough to remember LT playing in his prime, but, have seen interview from opposing coordinators and players and the constant theme for them that week would be "where is #56?". Even the Bills in the '90 superbowl facing a declining LT made sure to account for him every play. Not even close, both were/are first ballot HOF'ers, but only one is a top 2-3 player in the history of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I witnessed LT throw 320 tackles out of the way like they were made of cardboard.........the man was superhuman
    saw it with my own eyes many times

Lawrence really had a natural understanding of how to use a mans own momentum against him

that mixed with his speed and ability to round a corner on a 45 degree angle made him impossible....or at least nearly impossible to block

LT was the best overall LB that I ever saw play and I've been watching since around '81. Lewis was the best ILB that I saw play, but if I had to choose between the two, then I'd choose LT.

LT is the greatest player EVER. He would have destroyed Jim Brown if they were on the field together. Ray is an awesome MLB, but LT changed everything about the way an offense was run.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    LT is the greatest player EVER. He would have destroyed Jim Brown if they were on the field together. Ray is an awesome MLB, but LT changed everything about the way an offense was run.
    I dont know about that........Jim Brown was also an immortal.....when you watch Andre Brown at his best you see a shadow of Jim Brown but no.....not really
    Jim Brown wad sprinter speed at 240 lbs and could change direction like gayle sayers........add to that he hit like a ton of bricks
    he also had this little trick of going limp but remaining upright...then like a cat he would surge off in another direction
    Last edited by BParcells777; 01-02-2013 at 11:12 PM.

LT made tough guys wake up at night screaming from fear cause of what they knew LT brought every Sunday.
    It was a pleasure to watch him play, the video clips on you tube don't do him justice of how good he was.

Giants fan since the early 80s

as others have stated two dif positions but they are both incedible players. LT had the fortune of changing the position and the way the game is played.
    Lewis took that next level of game LT developed and ran with it. Both great players with different contributions to the sport.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
    Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.

Ray Lewis is a beast and the best.

-Giants fan.
    Lol. Lewis would have never had the opportunities he had to be so great if LT didn't pave the way and redefine linebacker in the NFL. No way to compare anyway. Different eras, different positions. Singletary and Lewis would be a better, more viable comparison. LT had to be accounted for and gamplanned around on every play not so with Lewis. Anyone who says teams did game plan and account for Lewis on every play is a fool and knows zero about football.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 01-03-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    17 years is incredible,,,,but the game changed drastically. Yes I agree though there will NEVER be another L.T. and the fact that 48% people think Ray Lewis is better, shows that they do not know football.
    Similar to Simms vs Eli.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I witnessed LT throw 320 tackles out of the way like they were made of cardboard.........the man was superhuman
    and totallyt jacked on whatever he was taking.....lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread