+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Reese...the best 43 defences took the linebacker position serious in the draft

Hey Reese...the best 43 defences took the linebacker position serious in the draft

Quit saying we draft scrubs and expect them to perform. Go talk to Parcells who drafted banks at #4 when he already had Taylor, Carson, van pelt and Kelly.

Linebackers set the tone fo the toughness of the unit and your defense is soft.

1985 bears
    Otis Wilson round 1
    Wilber Marshall round 1
    Mike singletary round 2

2000 ravens
    Peter bouleware round 1
    Ray Lewis round 1
    Jamie sharper round 3

2002 bucs
    Derrick brooks round 1

2007 bears
    Ulacher round 1
    Lance Briggs round 3

1970s steelers
    Jack ham round 2
    Jack lambert round 2

2001 eagles
    Jessie small round 2
    Byron Evans round 4
    Seth Joyner round 8

Veteran
    I think the Giants right now aren't good at evaluating linebackers, just pass rushers.

at this point its a little late id say go after 2 real good ones in free agency

Both banks and armstead are on the giants payroll....you would at least ask their opinion????

I agree the position is very important. we should have already drafted one early to develop. now i say look to FA. as of right now we don't even have a true first string LB thats a problem.

Everyone is awfully critical of a GM who has 2 superbowls under his belt in 5 years. We can't win the trophy every year, that's just not realistic. Reese will regroup and our squad will be better next year... Guaranteed

At least 2 of the defenses you listed aren't even 43s, and 2 of them are Tampa-2s which rely heavily on a MLB that can cover the deep-middle zone.

Our defense is based around DEs, not LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    At least 2 of the defenses you listed aren't even 43s, and 2 of them are Tampa-2s which rely heavily on a MLB that can cover the deep-middle zone.

Our defense is based around DEs, not LBs.
    I think some people are just butthurt that the defense isn't exactly like it was when LT played. But the game evolves, and we have to adjust with it. If you want to see non-adjustment, look at our offense. That's stuck in the 80s and sputters out more often than it works...

That said, PF likes him some Tampa 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    at this point its a little late id say go after 2 real good ones in free agency
    Right, the salary cap wouldn't allow for that. It is perplexing as to why JR places such little value on linebackers. As a fan who vividly remembers our run starting with Brad Van Pelt and ending with Armstead, it saddens me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Right, the salary cap wouldn't allow for that. It is perplexing as to why JR places such little value on linebackers. As a fan who vividly remembers our run starting with Brad Van Pelt and ending with Armstead, it saddens me.
    Moreover, why does he ignore our o-line? Beatty is the only quality player on there...

+ Reply to Thread