+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,596
    Kevin minter......do it

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks_Reasons_Carson_LT View Post
    Quit saying we draft scrubs and expect them to perform. Go talk to Parcells who drafted banks at #4 when he already had Taylor, Carson, van pelt and Kelly.

    Linebackers set the tone fo the toughness of the unit and your defense is soft.

    1985 bears
    Otis Wilson round 1
    Wilber Marshall round 1
    Mike singletary round 2

    2000 ravens
    Peter bouleware round 1
    Ray Lewis round 1
    Jamie sharper round 3

    2002 bucs
    Derrick brooks round 1

    2007 bears
    Ulacher round 1
    Lance Briggs round 3

    1970s steelers
    Jack ham round 2
    Jack lambert round 2


    eagles
    Jessie small round 2
    Byron Evans round 4
    Seth Joyner round 8
    You cannot use the 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens defenses as examples. They were not traditional 4-3 defenses. After that other than the 1970's Steelers you have ok not great defenses. You also have the 2001 Eagles wrong, I think you are thinking of their late 80's early 90's defenses. Also the late 80's early 90's Eagles you meant to reference were also not a traditional 4-3 defense.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 01-03-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  3. #23
    Veteran GoDeep80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Wasn't Urlacher a hybrid LB/S in college?
    Yes he was. Those Tweeners are perfect for Cover 2 systems and are Ideal. looke what Tampa did with Lavonte David, what they did with Derrick Brooks who had Safety speed and coverage ability which is why I think Alec Ogletree is the guy we need in the middle.

  4. #24
    All those defences played with a base Four down linemen irrespective of stunts and coverages.

  5. #25
    Starter GiantLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    431
    Our LBers for Super Bowl 42 were Kawika Mitchell, Antonio Pierce, Reggie Torbor, and Mathias Kiwanuka.

    Our LBers for Super Bowl 46 were Chase Blackburn, Michael Boley, Jacquian Williams and Mathias Kiwanuka.

    LT is my all time favorite Giant and I agree the LB position is very important, but the list above from the 2 most recent Super Bowls isn't all that impressive. I know our D has had issues at times, but 2 Super Bowls in the past 5 years is pretty damn good.

  6. #26
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    10,915
    They need to shore up the middle in the run game and that is the bottom line, this team got run over period!

  7. #27
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,043
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantLegend View Post
    Our LBers for Super Bowl 42 were Kawika Mitchell, Antonio Pierce, Reggie Torbor, and Mathias Kiwanuka.

    Our LBers for Super Bowl 46 were Chase Blackburn, Michael Boley, Jacquian Williams and Mathias Kiwanuka.

    LT is my all time favorite Giant and I agree the LB position is very important, but the list above from the 2 most recent Super Bowls isn't all that impressive. I know our D has had issues at times, but 2 Super Bowls in the past 5 years is pretty damn good.
    and Kiwanuka was injured for SB 42.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    At least 2 of the defenses you listed aren't even 43s, and 2 of them are Tampa-2s which rely heavily on a MLB that can cover the deep-middle zone.

    Our defense is based around DEs, not LBs.
    I guess we better get a couple then, huh?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    At least 2 of the defenses you listed aren't even 43s, and 2 of them are Tampa-2s which rely heavily on a MLB that can cover the deep-middle zone.

    Our defense is based around DEs, not LBs.
    Tampa 2 is coverage not a front.
    All those defenses above had a base 43.....go watch you tube

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    You cannot use the 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens defenses as examples. They were not traditional 4-3 defenses. After that other than the 1970's Steelers you have ok not great defenses. You also have the 2001 Eagles wrong, I think you are thinking of their late 80's early 90's defenses. Also the late 80's early 90's Eagles you meant to reference were also not a traditional 4-3 defense.

    The 1991 eagles led the NFL in both run and pass defence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts