+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Luck This Year

Very Luck This Year

JR (love the guy) put us on the razor's edge with our OL this year. To begin with the overall quality in NFL terms was no better than B grade for our starters. Worse however was the lack of depth and quality of that depth. We were very fortunate to find Locklear who was a capable backup for Diehl. Once Locklear went down our only backups were Brewer and Cordle (we let the embarrasingly bad Petrus go mid season). In this league I don't know how you can enter a season so thin at OL. We were lucky that the injury bug didn't hit us with that unit. The results would have been disastrous.
    No one remembers who came in second.

i agree i credit Eli with throwing the ball quickly and dodging hits. some other qb's might be dead already. i like reese but he hasnt done a great job cap wise and even this season looks like 2 million to work with and resign our own players.

Well, Petrus did come on strong at the end of '11, there was no telling he was going to completely regress this season. I think they also thought that Brewer would have been able to compete more strongly for the RT spot, which meant that we could have used both Locklear and Diehl as swing guys on the line. That didn't pan out this season, obviously. We also have the two guys we drafted in the mid and late rounds, Mosely and McCants. Hopefully, they'll be able to contribute next season.

All that being said, I certainly wouldn't be upset if we spent at least one of our first 3 picks on OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i agree i credit Eli with throwing the ball quickly and dodging hits. some other qb's might be dead already. i like reese but he hasnt done a great job cap wise and even this season looks like 2 million to work with and resign our own players.

After looking at the numbers, Patricia Traina thinks we'll be in a decent spot cap-wise next year, though she hasn't yet stated what she thinks the number will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    After looking at the numbers, Patricia Traina thinks we'll be in a decent spot cap-wise next year, though she hasn't yet stated what she thinks the number will look like.
    i think thats provided we cut some fat this offseason if reese restructures a ton it will just push things off another year. we need FA help bad this offseason.

i think thats provided we cut some fat this offseason if reese restructures a ton it will just push things off another year. we need FA help bad this offseason.
    We do need help there and free agents are the worst value for a team, cap wise. What really helps a team is when guy like Bradshaw or Cruz jump to a big time role from deep in the draft or unddrafted FA altogether. We get those guys for a song whereas we pay free agents every nickle they are already worth and then some because we are competing for them. Real cap killers...............
    No one remembers who came in second.

Nope, that was her just looking over the numbers on the books for next year. Granted, that doesn't include deals for Cruz or Beatty... Or any of our other FAs.

Nope, that was her just looking over the numbers on the books for next year. Granted, that doesn't include deals for Cruz or Beatty... Or any of our other FAs.
    are you talking about this off season or next ??? because this one you are dead wrong as of right now we are tight again

are you talking about this off season or next ??? because this one you are dead wrong as of right now we are tight again
    This is what she said:

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
    As I come to the end of this analysis, it looks like NYG will have a lot of cap room to work with. Can't say how much yet, tho.

Collapse

3:08 PM - 1 Jan 13 Details

This is what she said:

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
    As I come to the end of this analysis, it looks like NYG will have a lot of cap room to work with. Can't say how much yet, tho.

Collapse

3:08 PM - 1 Jan 13 Details

im not sure whats she is reffering to because we have huge cap numbers for several players that restructured the years before and 21 of our own Free agents to resign or replace.

+ Reply to Thread