+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's time to turn Eli loose

the thread title was misleading i was thinking something else.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by bashful View Post
    This offense needs a stick of dynamite. Eli needs to be in control just like his brother and not be held back by an unimaginative OC and a conservative HC. He has shown numerous times that when he is in control and has the ability to call the plays he can move this team. Instead he never gets into a rhythm unless the troll is out in front.
    He is a master of the game - he has the roots and the ability but is not given enough freedom. Mistakes will be made but the upside and win percentage will be vastly improved. No second half let down. He has forgotten more than KG knows and he as the ability to make adjustments something we have not seen.

I don't believe he likes KG but is all about team and would never say a bad word. It is time to have more of an up tempo office and not one that plays not to lose.
    ya know, i've already eaten crow on KG and i fear i have to do it again.

I been thinking, and u know what the biggest difference with Eli and Peyton? Not OC competency. OL. I watched as much as I could of the Broncos out of boredom Christmas Day. Their OL rarely lets teams get to Peyton. Its remarkable. He plays a part in it with his pocket presence, but still. I noticed Brady and Peyton get the cleanest pockets, and when you rattle their platform, theyre at their highest chance of losing. I know we gave up a low # of sacks, and that the OL improved from 2011. I'd still love to see us give Eli an OL the likes of which Peyton and Brady have and then see what the offense looks like. Bc I know when we give Eli time, the offense is unstoppable.

Veteran
    Do people think when Eli calls the 2 minute drill he writes plays in the sand - PEOPLE he calls Gilbrides offense based on the box he see's. Its not different then the audibles or checks he makes at the line when huddling only he is pulling the trigger faster - so you like eli in the 2 minute drill - Guess what same Gilbride plays - SO YOU LIKE GILBRIDE.

As for TC or Gilrbride being conservative - dead wrong. Their offense is predicated on the intermediate to deep route. Unlike the west coast offense they are looking for the deep ball often. Now you may not like the lack of trick plays but the theory is those plays are for lesser teams who cannot beat you straight up or for personnel reason (see the jets for former and niners for latter).

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Do people think when Eli calls the 2 minute drill he writes plays in the sand - PEOPLE he calls Gilbrides offense based on the box he see's. Its not different then the audibles or checks he makes at the line when huddling only he is pulling the trigger faster - so you like eli in the 2 minute drill - Guess what same Gilbride plays - SO YOU LIKE GILBRIDE.

As for TC or Gilrbride being conservative - dead wrong. Their offense is predicated on the intermediate to deep route. Unlike the west coast offense they are looking for the deep ball often. Now you may not like the lack of trick plays but the theory is those plays are for lesser teams who cannot beat you straight up or for personnel reason (see the jets for former and niners for latter).
    all fine and true. but whose to blame when we dont make adjustments when the OL clearly isnt protecting the qb long enough for those routes to develop or for the lack of a run game other times? KG does have his faults. the criticism on him isnt unfounded, maybe misplaced. but def not unfounded.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bashful View Post
    This offense needs a stick of dynamite. Eli needs to be in control just like his brother and not be held back by an unimaginative OC and a conservative HC. He has shown numerous times that when he is in control and has the ability to call the plays he can move this team. Instead he never gets into a rhythm unless the troll is out in front.
    He is a master of the game - he has the roots and the ability but is not given enough freedom. Mistakes will be made but the upside and win percentage will be vastly improved. No second half let down. He has forgotten more than KG knows and he as the ability to make adjustments something we have not seen.

I don't believe he likes KG but is all about team and would never say a bad word. It is time to have more of an up tempo office and not one that plays not to lose.
    +1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I wonder how much you actually know about this offense.
    Somuch more than most posters on this board.

There is no justification for this piss poor offensive play calling by our piece of unadulterated detritus OC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

I been thinking, and u know what the biggest difference with Eli and Peyton? Not OC competency. OL. I watched as much as I could of the Broncos out of boredom Christmas Day. Their OL rarely lets teams get to Peyton. Its remarkable. He plays a part in it with his pocket presence, but still. I noticed Brady and Peyton get the cleanest pockets, and when you rattle their platform, theyre at their highest chance of losing. I know we gave up a low # of sacks, and that the OL improved from 2011. I'd still love to see us give Eli an OL the likes of which Peyton and Brady have and then see what the offense looks like. Bc I know when we give Eli time, the offense is unstoppable.
    Brother, I am one of the biggest Eli supporters there is. The guy is great. However, the difference between Eli, Brady and Peyton is not their offensive lines. Peyton and Tom may be The 2 Best Ever. Eli as well as no other QB in NFL right now is their class.

True, when the OL blocks well, it allows eli enough time complete those plays that take forever to develop and have it also gives our WRs enough time to create separation. But, how about when he doesn't have the time, our OC doesn't know how to use the talent around him to benefit our team. We can build our OL but against elite defenses, with high quality rushers via blitz or DL, we will still struggle. We have to improve our OL and our gameplan/play calling. Killdrive doesn't believe in adjustments unless our backs are truly against the wall, last game, need some help getting in.
    The 1st 15 games when in the redzone we were guaranteed to see run for a loss, run for a yard, corner fade, FG. In the final game against the eagles, we did a play-action for a td, that's like unheard of because it actually worked. Unless the OC decides to learn some new tricks simplify the game plan, make it easier for the guys to run their routes, i mean why does it take a year for rookie wrs to pickup our offense? Other rookies are ready to go day one. We need to modify our system. Brees didn't become a 70% completion qb until he got into payton's system. Our QB completed 62% with constant pressure and a complex system. We have the players, no imagine, a better Oline and an easier system? I wouldn't mind keeping Killdrive if he decides to make adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    True, when the OL blocks well, it allows eli enough time complete those plays that take forever to develop and have it also gives our WRs enough time to create separation. But, how about when he doesn't have the time, our OC doesn't know how to use the talent around him to benefit our team. We can build our OL but against elite defenses, with high quality rushers via blitz or DL, we will still struggle. We have to improve our OL and our gameplan/play calling. Killdrive doesn't believe in adjustments unless our backs are truly against the wall, last game, need some help getting in.
    The 1st 15 games when in the redzone we were guaranteed to see run for a loss, run for a yard, corner fade, FG. In the final game against the eagles, we did a play-action for a td, that's like unheard of because it actually worked. Unless the OC decides to learn some new tricks simplify the game plan, make it easier for the guys to run their routes, i mean why does it take a year for rookie wrs to pickup our offense? Other rookies are ready to go day one. We need to modify our system. Brees didn't become a 70% completion qb until he got into payton's system. Our QB completed 62% with constant pressure and a complex system. We have the players, no imagine, a better Oline and an easier system? I wouldn't mind keeping Killdrive if he decides to make adjustments.
    i agree. i made a post somewhere on the MB about how its still on KG when we arent getting the protection for eli, that he fails to make any sort of positive adjustments. we either are getting the time from the OL, or we're not. no other concepts, at least that stand out to me Im sure someone has more knowledge on the topic.
    I was really critical on KG during the season but looking back, i may have been acting in response to the difficulties too harshly. we did have personnel issues. if we can give eli a monster OL like Brady gets or his bro gets, i just cant see this offense getting shut down let alone out. but kg still does have his flaws that drive me crazy, just i am confident this offense CAN work. if we dont address the OL at all in the offseason, ill be really worried.

i agree. i made a post somewhere on the MB about how its still on KG when we arent getting the protection for eli, that he fails to make any sort of positive adjustments. we either are getting the time from the OL, or we're not. no other concepts, at least that stand out to me Im sure someone has more knowledge on the topic.
    I was really critical on KG during the season but looking back, i may have been acting in response to the difficulties too harshly. we did have personnel issues. if we can give eli a monster OL like Brady gets or his bro gets, i just cant see this offense getting shut down let alone out. but kg still does have his flaws that drive me crazy, just i am confident this offense CAN work. if we dont address the OL at all in the offseason, ill be really worried.
    Yeah, Eli did throw close to 5000 yards with this guy, the cincy game was a perfect example though of his incompetence. They were bringing in pressure and we basically put nothing together except for the drive before the half. I don't know why Killdrive didn't see that and use it to make adjustments. If we get better system, healthy WRs corp and a couple of players to make our OL stronger, we will have a unstoppable offense.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 01-03-2013 at 03:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread