+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggles View Post
    we actually need to get rid of Eli. sorry but hes been mediocre for way too long. yeah he won 2 superbowls but a great defense helped him.
    I'm so glad that some of you did not end up in the Giant or any NFL teams front office. Cut Eli? REALLY! whats next? you would cut Brady because he lost to the Giants and Eli twice in the superbowl? SMH

we actually need to get rid of Eli. sorry but hes been mediocre for way too long. yeah he won 2 superbowls but a great defense helped him.
    you sir are funny
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by bashful View Post
    This offense needs a stick of dynamite. Eli needs to be in control just like his brother and not be held back by an unimaginative OC and a conservative HC. He has shown numerous times that when he is in control and has the ability to call the plays he can move this team. Instead he never gets into a rhythm unless the troll is out in front.
    He is a master of the game - he has the roots and the ability but is not given enough freedom. Mistakes will be made but the upside and win percentage will be vastly improved. No second half let down. He has forgotten more than KG knows and he as the ability to make adjustments something we have not seen.

I don't believe he likes KG but is all about team and would never say a bad word. It is time to have more of an up tempo office and not one that plays not to lose.
    U think its possible that Peyton is just better than Eli . A lot of posters on this board seem to have the belief that Eli gets a play given to him and he runs it but that couldnt be further from the truth. They say the Giants offense is unimaginative yet the play can develop in a variety of ways depending on how the defense is aligned. I bet to u the Redskins offense is more imaginative yet its based on very simple concepts

I heard the Jets is looking for a franchise QB and would like to win a Super Bowl or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U think its possible that Peyton is just better than Eli . A lot of posters on this board seem to have the belief that Eli gets a play given to him and he runs it but that couldnt be further from the truth. They say the Giants offense is unimaginative yet the play can develop in a variety of ways depending on how the defense is aligned. I bet to u the Redskins offense is more imaginative yet its based on very simple concepts
    Eli had some time in the playoffs last year and the beginning of this year. Peyton gets protection up front throughout his career and only won one SB. Brady same thing and hasn't won in almost a decade. These guys get exposed with a pass rush. I can gaurantee these 2 guys would not have made it through the 49er game without a handful of picks.

Brady with no time got demolished by the Ravens in 09 or 10. I saw that game, it was like watching David Carr in his early years. Lost and confused. Then when you see Eli vs. the 49ers, same situation, no protection and still won the game.
    Last edited by EliDaMANning; 01-03-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Eli had some time in the playoffs last year and the beginning of this year. Peyton gets protection up front throughout his career and only won one SB. Brady same thing and hasn't won in almost a decade. These guys get exposed with a pass rush. I can gaurantee these 2 guys would not have made it through the 49er game without a handful of picks.

Brady with no time got demolished by the Ravens in 09 or 10. I saw that game, it was like watching David Carr in his early years. Lost and confused. Then when you see Eli vs. the 49ers, same situation, no protection and still won the game.
    while i def. think its fair to say eli performs better under pressure, those two perform better in clean pockets. thats not to say eli isnt amazing with a clean pocket, its just brady and peyton r the best in the biz from that aspect

Inb4 15 pages.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bashful View Post
    This offense needs a stick of dynamite. Eli needs to be in control just like his brother and not be held back by an unimaginative OC and a conservative HC. He has shown numerous times that when he is in control and has the ability to call the plays he can move this team. Instead he never gets into a rhythm unless the troll is out in front.
    He is a master of the game - he has the roots and the ability but is not given enough freedom. Mistakes will be made but the upside and win percentage will be vastly improved. No second half let down. He has forgotten more than KG knows and he as the ability to make adjustments something we have not seen.

I don't believe he likes KG but is all about team and would never say a bad word. It is time to have more of an up tempo office and not one that plays not to lose.
    Eli is nowhere as good as Peyton.....turning "Eli Loose", would ensure a terrible season and a top 10 draft choice in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Do people think when Eli calls the 2 minute drill he writes plays in the sand - PEOPLE he calls Gilbrides offense based on the box he see's. Its not different then the audibles or checks he makes at the line when huddling only he is pulling the trigger faster - so you like eli in the 2 minute drill - Guess what same Gilbride plays - SO YOU LIKE GILBRIDE.

As for TC or Gilrbride being conservative - dead wrong. Their offense is predicated on the intermediate to deep route. Unlike the west coast offense they are looking for the deep ball often. Now you may not like the lack of trick plays but the theory is those plays are for lesser teams who cannot beat you straight up or for personnel reason (see the jets for former and niners for latter).
    No one said the plays were bad, it is the play calling. There is a difference.

Veteran
    Well you called him unimaginative and said he is conservative which is far from true.

Did you ever think Eli had a down year compared to 11 because he was missing his number one weapon in Hakeem Nicks?

My point is gilbride who runs Coughlins offense is far from conservative. Hell the offesne predicates itself on the deep ball and intermediate route. They don't run trick plays cause they can beat you straight up and dont have the hybrid qb for some of them, and also TOP TEN offenses dont need many tricks to beat you. The stats dont lie - he has done a fine job.