+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It's time to end the Ponzi Scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    lol thanks i used this site and saw they had 2012 hits but was too lazy to break it down and did not want to do the math wrong. was hoping it was done so i can evaluate for myself who should be cut
    START > Programs > Calculator

Or grab one of these bad boys:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    START > Programs > Calculator

Or grab one of these bad boys:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
    i know calulator but i was saying i didnt want to subtract the bonus wrong or guaranteed portion. it gets tricky sometimes.

so i guess im asking you to do it. since you did rolles.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i know calulator but i was saying i didnt want to subtract the bonus wrong or guaranteed portion. it gets tricky sometimes.

so i guess im asking you to do it. since you did rolles.
    K ... I beamed it to your tin foil hat. Let me know when you get it.

I always thought of it as smoke and mirrors, but now I see the money is future money and we will end up paying for it when the time comes, if it isn't already here.

Safe to say we will not be making any sexy moves this off-season. Makes me wonder if we can even afford to resign Cruz.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I always thought of it as smoke and mirrors, but now I see the money is future money and we will end up paying for it when the time comes, if it isn't already here.

Safe to say we will not be making any sexy moves this off-season. Makes me wonder if we can even afford to resign Cruz.
    Cruz is an RFA ... if they can't come to terms, they'd tender him as a 1st and 3rd (meaning a team would have to give us a 1st and 3rd if we weren't willing to pay what they were to keep him).

However if we went that route and Cruz has another 1000+ season in 2013, then in 2014 (when he'd be an unrestricted free agent) he'd easily be a $10+ million guy.

Cruz will definitely be a Giant in 2013 (96% chance). 2014 is the big question. I'm hoping they give him a 5 year $40 million contract extension or something to that effect this year instead of a 4 year $45 million contract next year which is what he'll command if he performs.

Cruz is an RFA ... if they can't come to terms, they'd tender him as a 1st and 3rd (meaning a team would have to give us a 1st and 3rd if we weren't willing to pay what they were to keep him).

However if we went that route and Cruz has another 1000+ season in 2013, then in 2014 (when he'd be an unrestricted free agent) he'd easily be a $10+ million guy.

Cruz will definitely be a Giant in 2013 (96% chance). 2014 is the big question. I'm hoping they give him a 5 year $40 million contract extension or something to that effect this year instead of a 4 year $45 million contract next year which is what he'll command if he performs.
    The thing that's nice about this is that more of the cruft is going to be FA in 2014. Webby, Tuck, etc... and then we wouldn't have to suffer the cap hits to let them walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The thing that's nice about this is that more of the cruft is going to be FA in 2014. Webby, Tuck, etc... and then we wouldn't have to suffer the cap hits to let them walk.
    Yup ... maybe Reese isn't so dumb after all

Also it's important to note that the salary cap is based on league revenue (in part). So we could see a large jump in the cap within the next two years.

Yup ... maybe Reese isn't so dumb after all

Also it's important to note that the salary cap is based on league revenue (in part). So we could see a large jump in the cap within the next two years.
    So will every team.
    Get well soon 80.

The last thing the Giants will do is try to rebuild while Eli Manning is in his prime. They want to win and win now. They'll fill voids and I expect the next 3 years to be very good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    The last thing the Giants will do is try to rebuild while Eli Manning is in his prime. They want to win and win now. They'll fill voids and I expect the next 3 years to be very good for us.
    Historically, Reese isn't above replacing players after their first contract.

Boss, Smith, Tollefson, Ross and Goff just to name a few.

The idea is to be constantly "rebuilding" rather than totally collapse one year. What the Colts have managed to do is almost unprecendented in the NFL (especially if they keep it up going forward). I just wish we could do it while maintaining slightly stronger regular seasons.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 01-03-2013 at 03:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread