+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Do you remember a former Giant making a big impact in other team?

Can you mention one?
    I don't remember, may be who? Ed McCaffrey? Joe Jurevicius?
    Some kind of curse?

Veteran
    this team is curse...stay far away lol

canyou come up with many free agents that made big impacts on teams?

the only one i can come up with over the last decade is drew brees.

teams don't usually let those guys get away. and if they do, teams don't tend to build their offense or defense around free agent pick ups.

Veteran
    I remember reading a list (this was years ago already mind you) that someone posted with the top 10 free agent pick ups of all time. I think it was based on the impact the free agent brought to the team and what it did for them. I think us picking up Plaxico Burress was ranked #5 or something like that. Just goes to show you that in all reality, big impact free agents tend to be pretty rare. That's why I've always felt you are better off filling in the holes and depth with free agency while building through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by WR4Life View Post
    I remember reading a list (this was years ago already mind you) that someone posted with the top 10 free agent pick ups of all time. I think it was based on the impact the free agent brought to the team and what it did for them. I think us picking up Plaxico Burress was ranked #5 or something like that. Just goes to show you that in all reality, big impact free agents tend to be pretty rare. That's why I've always felt you are better off filling in the holes and depth with free agency while building through the draft.
    I just feel like it's very tough to pick up free agents, after being in a certain system their whole career, and expect them to do different things. With the draft you're able to build up a player from the beginning. Not just physically, but mentally as well.

And I just remembered another pretty big free agent pick up over the last decade - peyton manning

Fred Robbins played good ball for St. Louis. Hosteteler played good ball for the Raiders when he wasn't hurt. I forget the kids name but the DT for the Skins now that came from us is playing well.Tall big white WR for the Broncos came from us. He's retired now but he was 100 catch guy one year.

Jessie Armstead was still pretty badass for his two years in DC.

Will Allen left as an FA in after 2005 for Miami. He got a middle tier contract 4m/yr and earned himself an 8m/yr extension. He was fairly unheralded but has an insanely low completions against percentage (<45%) for a few years in Miami.

Barry Coefield is playing very well in DC. I would trade him for Canty in a hearbeat and he costs less.

Manningham was playing well in SF until he went on IR.

Philip Rivers

Ed McCaffrey was the Denver guy I couldn't put a name on.

Veteran
    Kevin Walter, Olindo Mare, Ryan Clark, Charles Peprah, Ryan Grant and Cameron wake were all Giants for a brief period. Theres more but im tired.