+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best wins and worst losses as Giant fans?

Granted we still made the playoffs and went on that run in 2007, The Vikings game was tough to watch. 3 pick sixes by Eli that night. Awful.

And like said before the Titans game and the Niners in 2002

For me:

Worst in order: 03 vs Niners. Flipper F***in Anderson. DeSean vs Dodge [I will NOT call it by it's nickname game.]. Ravens SB

Best: SB 42. NFC Championship vs Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    I remember a game in the 90's where the Giants and Cowboys went to overtime. If I remember right it was New Years Day and I remember Summeral and Madden doing the game. I think Dallas won with a touchdown in overtime or a game winning field goal. I remember Emmit running wild. I think it was 1995.
    1993. Simms and LT's last year. Last game of the regular season, both teams were 11-4. Winner wins the NFC East, a bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. It was a slugfest but Emmit Smith ran wild playing with a separated shoulder.

Dallas won the game 16-13 and I do think it was a last minute field goal, which gave them the division, a bye week, and home field advantage. The Giants got in as a wildcard and after beating Minnesota (I remember Jim McMahon needed smelling salts in that game) they got destroyed on the road against SF 44-3, last game in the careers of Simms and LT.

I always thought that '93 team could have gone all the way, and had they prevailed in that Dallas game, well, it's hard to play the what-if game but a week of rest and Dallas going on the road to SF could have changed things.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Best: the entire 2007 playoff run was sheer greatness, 1990 and 2012 NFC champ game vs 49ers, Undefeated in Jerryworld
    Worst: Seattle back in 2005 or 2006 (Jay Feely misses 3 game winners), both tragedies at the meadowlands, Superbowl against the Ravens, last 2 losses to the Eagles in the playoffs. Trey mother effing Junkin....

The best wins were the Superbowls obviously but the one that stands out the most besides the Superbowls was the win against the Jets in 2011. I went nuts on all the Jets Fans I knew after that game and it shut up fatboy REx to.

1) The Matt Dodge/Miracle at the Meadowlands 2. I am still trying to figure out how we gave up 28 points in the final 7 minutes 51 seconds left in the game.

2) 2003 Divisional Game against the 49ers. TO went off on us in the 4qtr.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

best game: 2007 NFC Championship game
    worst: Desean ****ing Jackson Miracle at the Meadowlands 2

If you've ever had any doubt in our team..., ever wished they'd lose..., ever considered them to not be a champion team... Here's your answer. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84aVCTf...eature=related
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    With Harris and Taylor IR's and it looking like we will keep only 2 QB's, we have some roster spots to work with.

+ Reply to Thread