+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Kind of funny

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130

    Kind of funny

    That folks keep harping on the comparison but lets get it straight. Yes. Eli Manning had an off year for him but the ironic thing about it is that he had better stats in this, his off year, than Phil Simms had in his career.

  2. #2
    valid aspect. but lets keep in mind we're so fresh off a tough season. people will start to taper back on the knee jerk reactions eventually

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    That folks keep harping on the comparison but lets get it straight. Yes. Eli Manning had an off year for him but the ironic thing about it is that he had better stats in this, his off year, than Phil Simms had in his career.
    Good way to put things in perspective. LOL
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 01-03-2013 at 05:12 AM.

  4. #4
    You can't really compare different generations, the game changes so much.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    valid aspect. but lets keep in mind we're so fresh off a tough season. people will start to taper back on the knee jerk reactions eventually
    not a valid aspect or even comparison unless you want to drop Eli back in time to the 70`s and 80 `s when defences could hit the QB ( no Brady rule or one step rule ) and defences could jam a receiver down the field. Stop trying to appease the fan base after the fact. He`s reverted to his old level of play in a few games this year and it cost us.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by mcillo View Post
    not a valid aspect or even comparison unless you want to drop Eli back in time to the 70`s and 80 `s when defences could hit the QB ( no Brady rule or one step rule ) and defences could jam a receiver down the field. Stop trying to appease the fan base after the fact. He`s reverted to his old level of play in a few games this year and it cost us.
    It did cost us at times this past season but so did the garbage playcalling by our OC, our lackadaisical defense, our inability to adapt, etc........etc........Yes Eli Manning gets the most blame as far as the players go and rightfully so. NY Giants don't win without Eli. NY Giants did win a SupedBowl with Phil Simms backup.Everybody brings up the argument oc last generation hit harder, etc.......etc...... Well you know what? Folks were making the same statements in regard to the QBs playing in the 70s and 80s as oppossed to the ones playing in the 70s and so on and so on. The game is the game regardless of what generation it is.

  7. #7
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,756
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    That folks keep harping on the comparison but lets get it straight. Yes. Eli Manning had an off year for him but the ironic thing about it is that he had better stats in this, his off year, than Phil Simms had in his career.
    Really are different eras but more important to me was the fact that Eli's time of possession this year was way down because we couldn't get the other team off the field. I heard that the time of possession in the Ravens game was under 25 minutes and against Atlanta we had the ball for under 8 minutes in the second half. I don't know how he's supposed to put up numbers when we don't have the ball. That said, he had a few games where he (and his receivers) were just out of synch for whatever reason. Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts