+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Says He "Needed To Play Better"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I do wonder how this offense would of looked if they just sat Nicks and played the situation with WR's
    Honestly it would of been better and we all know it, I honestly think it would of had us in the playoffs. would we have won the Atlanta Game? na, the baltimore game? na those were terrible games defensively, but we would of won the Redskins game where Eli couldn't find a receiver, yes he over threw Cruz but i didn't think that was possible lol. Maybe the Cincy game, im sure im missing some game where if we had that one healthy WR we would of won. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I think RF needs a stronger reading prescription.
    I'm just the messenger
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

ehh...what else do you want him to say......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Where did Barden go exactly? Did the first Eagles game put him in the dog house for the rest of the season? The guy showed up big two weeks in a row (w/ one serious mistake granted) and then disappeared.

If it was the dog house, TC needs to re-evaluate his position a little sooner ... we've been waiting for Barden to show up since he was drafted and when he finally does we bench him?

P.S. - I don't think it would have made much of a difference. The Giants offense is a vertical game that relies on two big threats. We don't have another "big threat" to put opposite Cruz. This is one area that Manningham would show up in a pinch (I think I undervalued his contributions in years past).
    Maybe we over think this stuff. Barden has a place on the depth chart, as does everyone else. He's been passed over by every other wide receiver on the team since he's been here with the possible exception of Jernigan. By your account, having two good games in four years proves what, exactly?

All most say is "he's tall" as though that automatically translates into play maker. I'm expecting him to be released this offseason along with Beckum.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

whats the good of having a guy on the roster who the coaches are afraid to play, why carry him at all. I saw plenty of times when I thought Barden would get in and change up the offense a litle especially in goal line situations but it never happened so why pay this guy and have him take up a roster spot..

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    whats the good of having a guy on the roster who the coaches are afraid to play, why carry him at all. I saw plenty of times when I thought Barden would get in and change up the offense a litle especially in goal line situations but it never happened so why pay this guy and have him take up a roster spot..
    He played as much as any #4 or #5 would...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Maybe we over think this stuff. Barden has a place on the depth chart, as does everyone else. He's been passed over by every other wide receiver on the team since he's been here with the possible exception of Jernigan. By your account, having two good games in four years proves what, exactly?

All most say is "he's tall" as though that automatically translates into play maker. I'm expecting him to be released this offseason along with Beckum.
    I was right there with you on that until his two big (back to back) games THIS year. We definitely had games afterwards we needed him in (if he could have produced again that is). It seemed like he finally got on the same page with the routes. His hand strength has gotten a lot better. He's never going to be a burner, but his size makes him a potentially great possession receiver.

I'm just surprised we gave up on him in a year where we needed that kind of player and after he showed up no less.

I was right there with you on that until his two big (back to back) games THIS year. We definitely had games afterwards we needed him in (if he could have produced again that is). It seemed like he finally got on the same page with the routes. His hand strength has gotten a lot better. He's never going to be a burner, but his size makes him a potentially great possession receiver.

I'm just surprised we gave up on him in a year where we needed that kind of player and after he showed up no less.
    We'll see what they think if he's here next season.

Starter
    Barden had one big game and made other key plays. This guy could easily be put in more often. We have him warm the bench then expect him to go out on the field and be a top notch receiver. This is an example of another player who can really contribute but we use like a "break glass in case of emergency" guy. Spotscasters said he catches the ball well and at his height and strength is a guy Eli can throw to similar to a Plaxico. Play him or trade him. I believe if we trade him he's going to show case his talents and we're going to kick ourselves for letting him go.

Quote Originally Posted by eml View Post
    Play him or trade him. I believe if we trade him he's going to show case his talents and we're going to kick ourselves for letting him go.
    He's a free agent...

+ Reply to Thread