+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i agree with u eli, u need to play better. that said, thank u for yet again placing the blame inwards and not projecting it, being a selfless player. I still believe there was a ton that eli did amazing, but his issues have never been the highs, its been the lows. hes gotta raise the consistency to '11, 09, 08 and postseason levels...

Eli is right . . he needs to play better.

i don't mind mea culpas from players.

i certainly prefer that to the usual fan solution of fire everyone because we have to change if we want to be better.

sometimes everyone just has to do better than they did last year.

Veteran
    Even Eli is saying Nicks playing hurt was hurting the offense. Why was the coaching staff allowing that to go on when Randle and Barden played well when they had their chances to start in place of Nicks?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Maybe we over think this stuff. Barden has a place on the depth chart, as does everyone else. He's been passed over by every other wide receiver on the team since he's been here with the possible exception of Jernigan. By your account, having two good games in four years proves what, exactly?

All most say is "he's tall" as though that automatically translates into play maker. I'm expecting him to be released this offseason along with Beckum.
    +1

Cruz is the example of if you excel you're going to get a position on this team and play regularly.

this idea that we have all of this unbelievable talent that the coaching staff willfully ignores is getting embarrassing for the fans that continually suggest that's the case.

you either trust this coaching staff or you don't. i'm sick of fans that will celebrate multiple SB wins but then act like it was a glorious accident the other 364 days of the year.

People who are saying it was Eli and only Eli that costed us the season need a reality check... Eli didnt give up 31 to Cincy, 34 to Atlanta, and 33 to Baltimore. Throw numbers in that game out the window.. When your behind early you are forced to pass and your gameplan goes out the window. Our Defense and many other aspects of our team let us down.. Eli IMO is the least of our concerns as to why this season was a failure.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

All-Pro
    No one said it was him alone, but he is the $100 million man and he had as much to do with their season as anyone if not more. No, he didn't give up 31 to the Bengals. He did throw two picks that set them up in the red zone and didn't do anything else in that game to put points on the board. He did throw two picks against the Falcons which set them up in the red zone twice. His unit also got shut out. The offense had way to many 3 and outs and way to many field goal attempts. They stunk in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i agree with u eli, u need to play better. that said, thank u for yet again placing the blame inwards and not projecting it, being a selfless player. I still believe there was a ton that eli did amazing, but his issues have never been the highs, its been the lows. hes gotta raise the consistency to '11, 09, 08 and postseason levels...
    Have you ever heard him say that a loss was "his fault". I never have. I've heard Ben do it. I've heard many other QB's do it. Eli never does.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    ehh...what else do you want him to say......
    Well for starters he should blame that pimple of a OC, Kevin Gilbride. And of course don't leave out David Diehl and our offensive line.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Have you ever heard him say that a loss was "his fault". I never have. I've heard Ben do it. I've heard many other QB's do it. Eli never does.
    Why does he have to publicly acknowledge that?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.