+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great breakdown of the Giants needs and mistakes.

Veteran

Great breakdown of the Giants needs and mistakes.

Don't know if any of you have posted this before but this was great read IMO. This is just a piece of the article/blog, you can read the rest on by clicking on their link below:

http://www.ultimatenyg.com/2012-arti...-42-phl-7.html

6) Last week, we commented with some stats on the Jerry Reese distribution of R1-R3 draft picks taken from 2007-2012:

WR 6
    DL 4
    CB 4
    S 2
    OL, RB, TE, LB 1

So out of 20 picks, the Giants have taken a whopping total of 2 LBers and OL COMBINED! Restating our comment, "33% of your starters have gotten 10% of the (coveted) resources. And it has reared its ugly head in the past two games (vs ATL and BAL)." It is a passing league, but you still have to keep your QB upright and give the team a chance at converting three 4th down and shorts.

Jerry Resse's formula in the early rounds has been a staple mark on our team, pass rushers, play makers at the wr position. Now it's time to beef up the o-line, this offense has the weapons, it just needs the big guys to pave the way.

Giants fan since the early 80s

hit the bulls eye the line didnt give a lot of sacks but pressure and hits were way up more so at the end of the year no qb does well when there hit and pressured 15 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Don't know if any of you have posted this before but this was great read IMO. This is just a piece of the article/blog, you can read the rest on by clicking on their link below:

Eli was the least sacked QB in the league this year.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post

This is nice to know, but now you need to add what free agents were signed in the same time period to get the whole picture.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

correct he wasnt sacked a lot but he was hit and pressured way to much at the end of the year and it showed in his performance

i don't mind reese' philosophy on the early rounds.

and i don't think he's so rigid in that philosophy that if there was a LBer or OL prospect that the scouts were really excited about he would pass on them because of some strategy.

someone without two kids under the age of 5 needs to undertake the research project of looking at LBers and OLmen taken right after our picks (reaching half a round early to pick almost any player is stupid) to see who we've passed up on and whether they're contributing at their positions in a way that says we should have taken them.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i don't mind reese' philosophy on the early rounds.

and i don't think he's so rigid in that philosophy that if there was a LBer or OL prospect that the scouts were really excited about he would pass on them because of some strategy.

someone without two kids under the age of 5 needs to undertake the research project of looking at LBers and OLmen taken right after our picks (reaching half a round early to pick almost any player is stupid) to see who we've passed up on and whether they're contributing at their positions in a way that says we should have taken them.
    This past draft, we took David Wilson instead of Cordy Glenn. Reese even admitted that Cordy Glenn was rated higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This past draft, we took David Wilson instead of Cordy Glenn. Reese even admitted that Cordy Glenn was rated higher.
    i know. i was referring to older drafts (3 years +) so we have a better idea of what the players have become.

i look at it like this, we have the skilled positions, aside from corner, all figured out. this draft has no reason to not be a trenches draft

+ Reply to Thread