+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rookies in playoffs

It's just the wild card games and I have seen alot of rookies entrusted by their coaches to go out and play their best today. I think T.C. has major issues with rookies. I don't know why but it's like they need to earn Toms respect. Toms got issues here and it had major impacts on why the Giants are not in the playoffs.
    He should of sat Hicks and sat Bradshaw when he had the chance when they were not even 50%. That cost the Giants big time on offense. He says he has no clue why things ended like they did this year but after after 25 years coaching in the NFL, he should know!
    His my way or the highway has cost him over the years.
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    It's just the wild card games and I have seen alot of rookies entrusted by their coaches to go out and play their best today. I think T.C. has major issues with rookies. I don't know why but it's like they need to earn Toms respect. Toms got issues here and it had major impacts on why the Giants are not in the playoffs.
    He should of sat Hicks and sat Bradshaw when he had the chance when they were not even 50%. That cost the Giants big time on offense. He says he has no clue why things ended like they did this year but after after 25 years coaching in the NFL, he should know!
    His my way or the highway has cost him over the years.

Why even play the draft game

NICKS

Veteran
    exceptions not rules - and if youd like the gmen to start getting more top ten picks im sure coughlin will oblige by playing them. I realize not all of them are top ten but my god they ARE EXCEPTIONS not the rule.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    exceptions not rules - and if youd like the gmen to start getting more top ten picks im sure coughlin will oblige by playing them. I realize not all of them are top ten but my god they ARE EXCEPTIONS not the rule.
    I think he was just saying maybe it would have been wise to use randle over nicks and let nicks heal up all those weeks he wasn't contriubuting becuase he was hurt. That deceission to play an injured vet over a rookie actually hurt us. I mean thats just one example. I don't think any of us expect every rookie to play every snap, but give them some play time. Not a snap here snap there type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    NICKS
    Standcorrected

Sometimes you have to look at the situation. The Skins and Seattle maybe need those rookies to step up right away and produce while we have other players like Bradsahw who is good so we may not need our rookie especially when he is not good at blocking.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Sometimes you have to look at the situation. The Skins and Seattle maybe need those rookies to step up right away and produce while we have other players like Bradsahw who is good so we may not need our rookie especially when he is not good at blocking.
    thats about right to.

Veteran
    Yes i think randle and wilson could have seen some more time but they were worked into the season slowly as most rookies are. Usually kids play if they are top ten talents or their is a lack of personnel. The giants had experienced talented vets in front of both. Yes hakeem was hurt but i can understand there going with nicks even banged up. I would have liked to have seen D wilson way more too but again they are watching practices and not us and AB had 4.6 a carry and nice year along with AB2.

Im just saying comparing RG3 and the running back situation of the skins is a far cry from what our situation was.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    I think he was just saying maybe it would have been wise to use randle over nicks and let nicks heal up all those weeks he wasn't contriubuting becuase he was hurt. That deceission to play an injured vet over a rookie actually hurt us. I mean thats just one example. I don't think any of us expect every rookie to play every snap, but give them some play time. Not a snap here snap there type of stuff.
    example

Cruz was the best receiver in camp in 2010 (led NFL in receiving during preseason) and look how little he played that year.