+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Great breakdown of the Giants needs and mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I know a lot of people here think Joseph is very good, but I just don't notice him at all making impact plays during games and other teams seeem to just run up the middle on us with no problem. I just wonder what everyone see in him.

Good point about Lee's injuries though.
    Joseph is a really solid DT. He can't do it all alone, but that's mainly because he is, like I said, really solid -- and not an elite type guy. He held up well, but the unit itself was pretty mediocre because it was decimated by injuries and as a result was razor-thin depth-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    No, that's pretty much exactly what it means. Pressures don't mean anything to me. A QB is pressured on every play where the ball is hiked to him.

The oline, by and large, played fine. Having said that, it was a piece meal line. Locklear is a stop gap measure, not the future. DD is pretty much at the end of his rope. Beatty is an FA this off season. Accordingly the oline is something we have to look at this year (one would think).
    Pressures mean a lot especially to Eli. When your timing patterns are off there is a good chance for a bad throw or the QB tossing it out of bounds. One step closer to a 3 and out. Remember, he ain't exactly fleet of foot. A pressure to RG3 or even Romo ain't the same to Eli. Eli is considered a statue in today's game of mobile QBs. And the OL played OK. 4/5 of that line could be upgraded. Not saying that it will because the teams don't play with monopoly money. But Boothe, Baas, Diehl, and even Snee could all be replaced. Beatty is the only servicable one on the line. Reese is going to have start addressing the OL like it is an integral part of this team. Thinking he can continually strike gold in the later rounds and in FA is not wise. Pat Flaherty can't be expected to continually create miracles. The moment they let Petigout go I said they should start rebuilding with quality linemen and dont' reach come draft time or overpay in free agency.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    No, that's pretty much exactly what it means. Pressures don't mean anything to me. A QB is pressured on every play where the ball is hiked to him.

The oline, by and large, played fine. Having said that, it was a piece meal line. Locklear is a stop gap measure, not the future. DD is pretty much at the end of his rope. Beatty is an FA this off season. Accordingly the oline is something we have to look at this year (one would think).
    Who cares if it doesn't mean a thing to you. It matters. Pressuring a QB to force an errant throw or disrupting the timing of pass play is something that any defense would want to do on a consistent basis because it's the next best thing to stopping the play via a sack. Lets use our own defense as an example. We finished top 3 in sacks in 2011, but bottom 6 in QB pressures. Our pass defense was ranked 29th. Teams with less sacks than us, but a higher rank in QB pressures - had higher ranked pass defenses. It isn't pointless, it's significant.

Just because Eli isn't giving up many sacks to defenses doesn't mean our OLine is awesome.

Joseph is a above avg DT.. I mean, when u miss on guys like Marvin Austin and u gotta have Rocky Bernard and Marvin Austin filling in most of the yr for Canty, ur gonna notice running up the gut, becuase Linval is only one guy... He had 50plus tackles, 2FT, 1FF, 4sacks, 2TFL.. A very solid season indeed.. Hes a piece reese nailed right on the head, and god forbid where we'd be if we didn't have him while Canty was down and out...

+ Reply to Thread