+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...qMvKqFlZLrp39M

Excerpt: "Victor Cruz has done enough to convince the Giants he deserves to be wearing his No. 80 jersey and doing his salsa in the end zone for a long time. It is going to cost the Giants dearly, though, to get him locked up with a multi-year deal.

Cruz is set to become a restricted free agent and hes not going anywhere, as the Giants know they cannot operate their offense without his skills at receiver. They would likely tender him on a one-year deal if they cannot agree on a long-term contract.
    After playing for the NFL minimums the past three years, Cruz wont come cheap, not after two outstanding seasons by a 26-year-old on the upside of his career. His asking price is expected to be somewhere between $8 million and $10 million per year. Cruz made $540,000 this season and the last two years he has been the greatest bargain in the league.

I think I feel comfortable where were at, Cruz said yesterday on his weekly WFAN spot. I think Ive done enough to show them Im a good guy on and off the field and Ive done everything positive up until this point to prove that Im somebody the organization will want to keep around for a long time. Im positive things will come around and a positive outcome will come out of all this.

Cruz has previously said he wanted a new deal in place before the end of the season and revealed weeks ago that he believed the structure for such a deal was in place. Talks, he reported, got tabled for a couple weeks mainly because the two sides agreeing to disagree at the same time. Now that the season is over and the statistics are what they are I think were gonna get back and pick up the pen again and see what we can do.
    Cruz is one of 22 free agents for the Giants to sort through but he figures to be a top priority. Fellow receiver Hakeem Nicks was slowed all season with foot and ankle issues, allowing opposing defenses to swing the attention to Cruz. Still, he caught 86 passes for 1,092 yards and 10 touchdowns, all team highs. He hasnt missed a game in two years.

A year ago, the free agent market produced some hefty salaries for receivers and Cruz will benefit from that spending spree. After all, he compares favorably to DeSean Jackson (five years, $47 million), Robert Meachem (four years, $25.9 million) and Pierre Garcon (five years, $42.5 million). Cruz two-year totals (168 catches, 2,628 yards, 19 touchdowns) are better than any two seasons put together by Vincent Jackson and he signed a five year, $55.6 million mega deal with the Buccaneers." Read more...
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    pass

You realize the headline is an uneducated guess, right?
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

That would be ridiculous. They better not even think about this, and neither should Cruz.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    pass
    It's happening get over it.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    yes, and I was saying at $8-10 million I would pass on Cruz

u cant compare all the success cruz has had to a guy like vincent jackson bc scheme plays as big a part in cruz's success as anything. its not like he has a trait like speed or strength as the reason he has been successful, meaning, its not guaranteed he goes to another team and is the same player bc on another team, he wont be able to rely on scheme as a trait like a wr would speed, or size. dont get me wrong, cruz is a beast and a helluva player. 8 mil is pricing himself out of our range tho i have to believe. dammit i was hoping he'd be cool in the 5-6 mil range, i really hope he comes down a little to that number per season bc then we will re-sign him long term and then nicks too...

You guys are harping on someone saying he would pass on that deal if it did come true.

People need a reality check here and stop acting like they're on top of the world.

How did Desean Jackson get nearly 10million a season?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    That would be ridiculous. They better not even think about this, and neither should Cruz.
    Maybe not 8-10 but 6.5 or 7 per year is likely going to happen so people better start getting used to that idea because nothing any of us here say is going to matter.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

+ Reply to Thread