+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Cruz could get $10 million a season from somebody.

i'll be absolutely stunned if his contract is $6-$7 million a season. STUNNED.

the 8-10 is an uneducated guess, but its based on multiple contracts for elite WRs in the NFL.

hard to argue that Cruz isn't an elite WR.

i've been saying this for 2 years, we can't pay both WRs in the 8-10 range, and our QB $20 a season, so whatever Cruz gets will largely cast the die of what the giants plan on doing with Nicks.

Veteran
    Attack this post/me all you would like, but....

Cruz! plays too small for me to warrant him a 8-10 mil a year contract, and what i mean by small is he really is scared of getting hit over the middle. Times i have watched him catch the ball and drop to the floor if he doesn't have a clear break away.
    What i love about cruz, he is a smart route runner, great speed, can play all three wide out positions, great personality a true giant; classy.
    I just don't think he plays big, if he does that then i would agree he is a 8-10 mil a year guy.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Wow, tensions are high in this thread...

cruz doesnt have that elite measurement trait, and while cruz is 5x the wr djax is (imo), in the FA market, traits like speed bc the highest priced commodities. look at the mike wallace situation...
    It's explosion off the line that is valued too because those guys can separate from opposing defensive backs easier on the outside during the initial part of the route. Theoretically, you can teach route running but not speed and explosion. I guess that's how it's seen in the FA market with young receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post

Cruz! plays too small for me to warrant him a 8-10 mil a year contract, and what i mean by small is he really is scared of getting hit over the middle. Times i have watched him catch the ball and drop to the floor if he doesn't have a clear break away.
    What i love about cruz, he is a smart route runner, great speed, can play all three wide out positions, great personality a true giant; classy.
    I just don't think he plays big, if he does that then i would agree he is a 8-10 mil a year guy.
    i agree in principal, but are you willing to lose him based on $2-3 mill a season knowing that Nicks style of play is wearing his body down?

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post

its tough for me bc i agree with that, but then i honestly think if i had to pick one wr who reminds me of jerry rice, id say itd be cruz. dont want to quantify that bc thats a diff topic altogether, point is, he can also be easily worth that money too.

he did get alligator arms sporadically, but then again, 86 catches, 1100 plus yards and 10 tds was it? after a 1500 yd season? i dunno, with the ability to go unstopped from the slot, he's a weapon we kinda need...i hope he gives us a break and drops to 6 mil with some sorta signing bonus that wont count towards the cap

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    Cruz could get $10 million a season from somebody.

i'll be absolutely stunned if his contract is $6-$7 million a season. STUNNED.

the 8-10 is an uneducated guess, but its based on multiple contracts for elite WRs in the NFL.

hard to argue that Cruz isn't an elite WR.

i've been saying this for 2 years, we can't pay both WRs in the 8-10 range, and our QB $20 a season, so whatever Cruz gets will largely cast the die of what the giants plan on doing with Nicks.

The thing Nicks has to worry about though is his injury history. He can put that to rest to some extent if he stays healthy for 16 games in 2013 but that's going to factor into his contract talks.

But, since we don't operate in a vacuum, suppose Randle catches fire in 2013. Having already signed Cruz (assuming), does Nicks become expendable over a certain dollar limit?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    Well, if Cruz sticks to his demand for $8 to $10 Million per season then he won't be a Giant in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    its tough for me bc i agree with that, but then i honestly think if i had to pick one wr who reminds me of jerry rice, id say itd be cruz.dont want to quantify that bc thats a diff topic altogether, point is, he can also be easily worth that money too.he did get alligator arms sporadically, but then again, 86 catches, 1100 plus yards and 10 tds was it? after a 1500 yd season? i dunno, with the ability to go unstopped from the slot, he's a weapon we kinda need...i hope he gives us a break and drops to 6 mil with some sorta signing bonus that wont count towards the cap
    whoa whoa..
    I thought we had something special!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i agree in principal, but are you willing to lose him based on $2-3 mill a season knowing that Nicks style of play is wearing his body down?
    I would hate to lose him, but it's a little bit more than just that. We cannot keep tying up big contracts into single players, especially with this stringent cap we have. 2-3 mil might be the deciding factor in this, I have no idea what the fair amount to either party is. I am glad it is not my job

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    whoa whoa..
    lmao rudster..... stop it!

@Katdaddyjay 17h