+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I can turn it around though and say would you rather take that risk and then using that 8 million elsewhere? Like a stud LT? Personally, I think I would. We all know that it won't matter who we have at WR as much if Eli isn't upright.
    Assuming we received a 1st round pick for Cruz's tender, the only positive would be having an additional chest piece to trade up for Jadeveon Clowney in the 2014 Draft. He's one of those players who can potentially change the way we look at the game from what he's done in college so far. Having another dominant DE would be worth losing Cruz and having more room to sign other players.

Doesn't really matter anyway because we all know that Cruz and the FO are going to make this negotiation work. Cruz has family here, media sensationalism, great market deals, etc. Cruz and Randle are the future.

Cruz deserves to be paid and he's not going anywhere.

I can turn it around though and say would you rather take that risk and then using that 8 million elsewhere? Like a stud LT? Personally, I think I would. We all know that it won't matter who we have at WR as much if Eli isn't upright.
    Take a risk of resigning Cru? Or take the risk of going over the cap?
    I thought we had something special!!!

True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's a damn good talent who has worked in this system for three years and had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. I can't imagine replacing him with a draft pick and not losing ground.

If we go for WR first round, the problems we are having do not get addressed once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    Nicks having a healthy season doesn't mean nicks is now healthy. Everyone keeps wanting to evalute nicks as if he's 100%. he's not. his style of play is wearing him down.

and we may be in a situation where we can get cruz at a discount based on negotiating with him now. put him off for a year and subject him to potentially getting injured and reducing his market value significantly, and the trade off is if we choose to go with cruz we may have to pay alot more for him.

i'd definitely prefer a healthy nicks to cruz. few wouldn't. but that's not where we find ourselves right now.
    It really is a crap shoot. But at this point, I would put a 1st round tender. Worse comes to worse, we don't match it and we get a 1st round pick (potentially high one) and 8-10 million saved and see what our QB is made of. And I'm pretty confident Eli can do a decent job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Cruz deserves to be paid and he's not going anywhere.
    Paid WHAT though?
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Agreed. He is a top WR. Not elite though.

In fact, I plan to start 50 threads about it....but first I want to compare his first season with Randy Moss'
    Oy, I'm begging you........
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Take a risk of resigning Cru? Or take the risk of going over the cap?
    Take the risk of losing Cruz. I meant, take the risk of losing cruz and if you do lose him - using that 8-10 million saved elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    As in "replay" Hell yes

The review confirms the initial ruling on the board: it was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Assuming we received a 1st round pick for Cruz's tender, the only positive would be having an additional chest piece to trade up for Jadeveon Clowney in the 2014 Draft. He's one of those players who can potentially change the way we look at the game from what he's done in college so far. Having another dominant DE would be worth losing Cruz and having more room to sign other players.

Doesn't really matter anyway because we all know that Cruz and the FO are going to make this negotiation work. Cruz has family here, media sensationalism, great market deals, etc. Cruz and Randle are the future.
    Yeah, if Randle continues his rise, I think Nicks is a goner.

It really is a crap shoot. But at this point, I would put a 1st round tender. Worse comes to worse, we don't match it and we get a 1st round pick (potentially high one) and 8-10 million saved and see what our QB is made of. And I'm pretty confident Eli can do a decent job of it.
    You're not going to get a 1st round pick to match Cruz's productivity or be in synch with Eli. WR is not a problem position for this team and if we waste a # 1 pick on one we once again ignore problems we definitely have on both lines.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread