+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Sure...8-10 million is still a lot, and we have other pieces to sign as well.
    That's why we're not going to resign Nicks. In two years it's going to be Randle and Cruz at the 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    That's why we're not going to resign Nicks. In two years it's going to be Randle and Cruz at the 1 and 2.
    How do you know we are not going to resign Nicks?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. We heard similar arguements with Steve Smith. That he and Eli were on the same page. That can be taught. And I'm fairly certain that at 1st round pick can matches Cruz production and more. But he could very well be a bust also. So who knows. It's one big calculated risk and if Reese's draft history is any indicator, he'll probably find someone decent (not necessarily a start) in the first round, and with the 8-10 million "freed", we go get us another piece of the puzzle - LT, DE, what have you. I think the sum of those 2 things > Cruz.

Coulda shoulda woulda. No one knows for sure.
    You have a guy you know fits in and produces. It's hard to imagine just dumping him and drafting his replacement.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Everyone is saying pay the man, the problem is how much. BTW Cruz hasn't demanded that amount, that was an uneducated guess by the writer of the article based on what some other players recently signed for.
    Considering what less talented recievers have recieved in the last year, I would say 8-10 is a pretty educated guess. I would be THRILLED if the Giants signed him to less than that, but I'm not counting on that.

No one here actually knows but Cruz being resigned because of his superior "health" and Randle looking promising on the outside with some more development means Nicks won't be valued here as much compared to other teams.

I agree. We may not see dividends immediately, since it cometimes takes some time for WRs to get up to speed, but it will pay off in a couple years. We have the 8-10 million elsewhere to use. Everyone is clamoring over the OLine. Why not a stud LT? If all of a sudden Eli has more time to throw, will it offset the loss of Cruz? Keep in mind that we'll have Nicks for at least one more year. So it's not like we'll have 2 green WRs running around out there.

But again, Nicks healthy is a big questionmark.
    another great question. can the offense be as effective, and even more effective, if the apparent 8-10 mil used on Cruz, would be used elsewhere?

And seeing as we KNOW if the OL struggles, the entire offense struggles, its a tough question to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    If that's what Cruz is asking for than WR just became a need.
    That's not what Cruz is asking for, it's an uneducated guess from the writer of the article.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Well, Reese hasn't consulted me on this yet, so I don't know for sure. But my guess is the Giants are not going to pay big for 2 recievers. I can't see them putting $18 million - $20 million/ year for two guys. I think Randle is a Nicks clone. He doesn't have the track record yet of Nicks, but we saw glimpses of it this year.

Banned
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. We heard similar arguements with Steve Smith. That he and Eli were on the same page. That can be taught. And I'm fairly certain that at 1st round pick can matches Cruz production and more. But he could very well be a bust also. So who knows. It's one big calculated risk and if Reese's draft history is any indicator, he'll probably find someone decent (not necessarily a start) in the first round, and with the 8-10 million "freed", we go get us another piece of the puzzle - LT, DE, what have you. I think the sum of those 2 things > Cruz.

Edit: Another reason why I'm more willing to let Cruz go is because we have Eli. We have the luxury of having a QB that can work with less talented receivers than say Arizona or Jacksonville.

Coulda shoulda woulda. No one knows for sure.
    Steve Smith was coming off a knee injury and while he was arguably a better route runner than Cruz was, Cruz definitely has more raw talent and ability than Smith ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    that's if you look at these players as chess pieces, and this organization does not.

cruz will be signed, he'll probably provide a bit of a hometown discount, but it'll be close to those figures above.

the organization sees his contribution as more than onfield, they see his work ethic as leading by example in the locker room (called out Randle during the year saying if he puts in the time and work, he'll see more playing time) , they see his public community service as a benefit to the organization's image and contribution to the NJ/NY area, and they see his professional handling of the contract situation as a great example to make for other players: if you act like Cruz, you've got a much better chance of getting the contract you want vs. going the Osi route.

Cruz will get his number, i think the organization sees his value as alot more than a replacable slot receiver.
    I also see them re-signing him. If not this year, then next. But self-admittedly it's a fault of my own and as a fan, I look at things very - what's the word, i don't know, i see everything as investments I guess.

+ Reply to Thread