+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well he wasn't going for 1500 yards. To think that was going to happen would be silly.
    What this season proved is that he's not a one year wonder. He's a solid, high quality player who can perform even if he has to be the #1 guy, with Nicks out so much.
    No sir....this season enhanced his value. It did nothing to hurt it.

I agree this season proved that he's not a one year wonder. Perhaps I was being too generous by assuming at the outset that he wasn't one and that he would remain at the levels of last year. If your point is that this year combined with last establishes and reinforces his range, that's fair. But he did go from top 10 (top 5/6 in some) to top 15/20 in some meaningful categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    +1 ..The things people say sometimes.... if victor cruz doesnt have speed then i dont know what speed is..

Yup. The guy is crazy good AND crazy durable. Remember some of the shots he took this season?

A deal will get done. The Giants need him and he wants to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    We will only offer so much because of our depth (Randle) and the fact we can't tie too much into one position outside of QB. Considering what Nicks did in the 2011 playoffs and if he rebounds in 2013 with a 1k yard plus season, his agent is going to expect huge money that the Giants won't be able to match. I'm just arguing that the odds are we will see Nicks in a different uniform after 2013 but I hope I'm wrong.
    That's the whole problem. He's worth a lot but at the same time he isn't lol.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Interesting. He probably would be gone if he's demanding that much money. If that is the case, Randle should step in. The thing is, Randle was brought in to replace Manningham, not Nicks.
    Again, I don't think you spend a 2nd rounder on a guy to play 3rd or 4th reciever like MM. The Giants tend to get their skill position players later in the draft (Jacobs, Bradshaw) or not in the draft at all (Cruz). They grabbed Nicks in the first to be a #1. They grabbed Randle in the 2nd to eventually be a #1.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i agree. if anything, i think hes proven beyond a doubt, that the way he achieves his success is something he can sustain for a long time...he wont suddenly lose the ability at the styles he runs his routes, its not a speed type trait. thats why i said he reminds me of rice. rice was able to get open soley by how he ran his routes, which is so rare. cruz gets WIDE OPEN solely on how he runs his route physically...

edit- and thats from an individual skill set perspective. im not discussing how scheme is relevant in the above post. scheme and other factors play a big part too.
    He reminds me of Steve Smith (the good one)
    Get well soon 80.

Interesting. He probably would be gone if he's demanding that much money. If that is the case, Randle should step in. The thing is, Randle was brought in to replace Manningham, not Nicks.
    Depends on how you look at it. More than half the league has an elite/very good receiver. About 7-10 teams have two good receivers. What we had in 2011 with Nicks, Cruz, and MM was a HUUUUUUGGGGEEE luxury. It's just not something you can expect to sustain for a long period of time. Same scenario when we had Strahan, Osi, and Tuck. In those regards, we've been spoiled and at some point, we'll have to look to replace that productivity elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I agree this season proved that he's not a one year wonder. Perhaps I was being too generous by assuming at the outset that he wasn't one and that he would remain at the levels of last year. If your point is that this year combined with last establishes and reinforces his range, that's fair. But he did go from top 10 (top 5/6 in some) to top 15/20 in some meaningful categories.
    I know what you mean. Cruz IS inconsistent. Great WR, elite IMO but inconsistent.

but that doesnt mean we wouldnt want him to be able to replace Nicks. i agree, i think that was part of the reasoning we had him rated as high as we did. remember, they were saying he was a serious option IN THE FIRST round...we were so lucky to get him in the 2nd. but remember all the Ross, JR comparisons made about randle to nicks? he was brought here to replace MM schematically, bc we have Nicks already. if he can give us what nicks can, of course thatll be huge imo in keeping nicks.

Having 4 to 5 accounts is funnier than what you said.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Again, I don't think you spend a 2nd rounder on a guy to play 3rd or 4th reciever like MM. The Giants tend to get their skill position players later in the draft (Jacobs, Bradshaw) or not in the draft at all (Cruz). They grabbed Nicks in the first to be a #1. They grabbed Randle in the 2nd to eventually be a #1.
    But is he ready to be number 1 is the question.

+ Reply to Thread