+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

I'd tender Cruz for this year. That's too much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Again, having Nicks and Cruz level receivers as your #1 and #2 is a luxury. Most teams don't have that sort of talent and instead "move" that productivity elsewhere. Randle doesn't have to be Nicks good because we can rely on the TE more and perhaps Wilson will reach his top potential so there isn't a huge need for an elite WR duo like we had in 2011.
    +1 insert randel as the number 1 and polish up a solid O line and the offense will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I say we tender Cruz, get a 1st from another team, stockpile picks, and make a push for Clowney in 2014. At that point, we can laugh at the opposing QB as he gets clobbered by JPP and the Clown repeatedly.

...That's why I'm not a GM.
    i dont watch college so im going to look up this clowney guy. i take it hes really good?

Veteran
    the Giants know they cannot operate their offense without his skills at receiver.
    This is the craziest statement of this article.

This whole Cruz debate is funny.

Just wait till next year when people's heads explode because JPP wants $15 million/year.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    This whole Cruz debate is funny.Just wait till next year when people's heads explode because JPP wants $15 million/year.
    I wish he'd come that cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I wish he'd come that cheap.
    If he produces like he did this year he'll come cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    If he produces like he did this year he'll come cheaper.
    Yeah, maybe in 10 million range, but then you wonder if someone who's only had one true dominating year is worth 10 mil a year. You want someone paid like that to be the cornerstone of their respective side of the ball, not a component that shoulders more responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I say get rid of nicks, keep cruz, groom randel
    Nicks had an off year completely due to injuries... and missed 6 games in 3 years prior.... He is such a quality receiver I am AMAZED how undervalued he is here.

We NEED Hakeem Nicks period.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah, maybe in 10 million range, but then you wonder if someone who's only had one true dominating year is worth 10 mil a year. You want someone paid like that to be the cornerstone of their respective side of the ball, not a component that shoulders more responsibility.
    This is another conversation for another time, but last year I thought JPP was the most disruptive defensive player in the league. He was the rare defensive player that could single-handedly win games for you like he did in the first Cowboy game last year. I would have no problem paying that guy whatever he wants. This year...dissapointing to say the least. I was expecting him to do what JJ Watt and Aldon Smith did. Next year will obviously determine a lot.

+ Reply to Thread