+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    2.5 and a gift card to The Red Lobster
    Maybe we could negotiate beer into the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Well if 2013 is a repeat of 2012 obviously not.

...but when I hear "injury issues" or "injury prone", a player like Bradshaw is what comes to mind... he's had bad feet, he had bad feet this year and no doubt will have bad feet in the future. Nicks broke his foot THIS year, he came back nearly recovered had a 200 yard game and then had his almost fully healed foot stepped on and had obvious setbacks. Next season will tell if hes injury prone, not what happened this year.
    I don't think Nicks is in the same category as Bradshaw who is perennially injured. But I do think the style of play for a running back and wide receiver require different skill sets. Nicks had a broken foot which healed and then the knee. I am assuming his knee will heal up with a few months rest and or some medical procedure if indicated.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    This whole Cruz debate is funny.

Just wait till next year when people's heads explode because JPP wants $15 million/year.
    He needs to have a better year than he had this season to get anything close to that.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Maybe not 8-10 but 6.5 or 7 per year is likely going to happen so people better start getting used to that idea because nothing any of us here say is going to matter.
    Isn't that close to what Steve smith was offered? If so I agree I think 8 would be the absolute top dollar we'd offer. I'm fine with that as long as he concentrates on football 100%

SAY GOODBYE TO CRUZ

It looks like there is a strong probability that Cruz won't be in our future plans. It appears he is looking for 8-10 million dollars a year. I think he's worth something in that range but the Giants will never pay that to him with all their contracts coming up and no big cap increases for next year. Also they will have to give Nicks the same which they cannot afford. So unless something gets worked out, IMO next year may be his last. I hope this gets resolved because I want him to be a Giant for a long time.
    Last edited by NYGiantsFan56; 01-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.

There's like a hundred thousand threads about this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    It looks like there is a strong probability that Cruz won't be in our future plans. It appears he is looking for 8-10 million dollars a year. I think he's worth something in that range but the Giants will never pay that to him with all their contracts coming up and no big cap increases for next year. Also they will have to give Nicks the same which they cannot afford. So unless something gets worked out, IMO next year may be his last. I hope this gets resolved because I want him to be a Giant for a long time.
    OK, we've done this to death already. HE isn't asking for $8 - 10 M. That figure was an UNEDUCATED GUESS by a media head. We don't know what he's actually asking for but we do know from him that he's positive about his negotiations resulting in a long term deal with the GIANTS.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    OK, we've done this to death already. HE isn't asking for $8 - 10 M. That figure was an UNEDUCATED GUESS by a media head. We don't know what he's actually asking for but we do know from him that he's positive about his negotiations resulting in a long term deal with the GIANTS.
    While you are completely correct Roanoke, the media reports themselves are still not going to do us any good.
    You have to believe that Cruz, and especially his agent, have seen all 3000 headlines by now that claim he is worth $8-10 mil a season.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    While you are completely correct Roanoke, the media reports themselves are still not going to do us any good.
    You have to believe that Cruz, and especially his agent, have seen all 3000 headlines by now that claim he is worth $8-10 mil a season.
    What's the relevance of that?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What's the relevance of that?
    The relevance is that there are a couple teams in the league (*cough* raiders *cough*) who would be more than willing to pay that amount when Cruz starts to believe that's what he's worth. And the only thing I'm saying is that the nonstop media reports claiming that's what he's going to be asking for are definitely not helping one way or the other.

You and I both know that.

+ Reply to Thread