Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    While you are completely correct Roanoke, the media reports themselves are still not going to do us any good.
    You have to believe that Cruz, and especially his agent, have seen all 3000 headlines by now that claim he is worth $8-10 mil a season.
    If agents are relying on the media to determine their negotiation strategy they may as well use a ouija board. The negotiations began long before this media head "guess" and there are any number of facts that will factor in to what Cruz will ask for which should not be confused with what the team is willing to pay. What other receivers of similar circumstance are paid will factor in as will the fact that Cruz is pretty high up on the passes dropped list.

I don't think there's any doubt they want Cruz to remain a Giant with a long term contract. His back to back 1,000 yard seasons can't be ignored as well as his Pro Bowl selection. While I'm the first to point to the Pro Bowl as little more than a beauty contest , players like having that to point to when negotiating.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I think it's better than an 85% chance Cruz remains a GIANT
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1