+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    To be a reminder twice a year how badly we screwed up
    We would be lucky if only reminded twice a year.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

This may be uneducated guess but cruz play too incosistent for me, one game he running around for many tds the next he very quiet and running around scared like a mouse. Until he makes big plays every game he is not a big time player I am comfortable with 5-6m for 4 years and with nicks he is very injury prone he is injured every year i love nicks he is most pshyical wr in the nfl with huge hands and is very talented but i am comfortable 4-5m for 4 years with him

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    This may be uneducated guess but cruz play too incosistent for me, one game he running around for many tds the next he very quiet and running around scared like a mouse. Until he makes big plays every game he is not a big time player I am comfortable with 5-6m for 4 years and with nicks he is very injury prone he is injured every year i love nicks he is most pshyical wr in the nfl with huge hands and is very talented but i am comfortable 4-5m for 4 years with him
    Nicks being hobbled hurt as defenses could lock on to him. He still clocked over 1000 yards, though. Pretty impressive. He's certainly not the one trick pony that detractors tried to label him as.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-05-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Flip I agree 100% he is one of most talented wr's in the NFL but his style of play holds him back he is injured constantly from being so physical with the db's and it tires his body out.

There were games that Cruz was dropping balls, but he was probably one of the most consistent parts of the offense. He could only be as good as his quarterback who made alot of mistakes too. He was not afraid to play the slot and took hits without fear. It's not my money, but I say pay the man whatever they can to keep him here. We have the most dynamic group of receivers we have ever had as an organization.

Cruz forgot he was undrafted free agent and he let fame get to him and now he thinks hes a big shot if he was more humble like nicks he would be a top 5 wr, right now he top 10 because he is a scared slot reciever who is very good but afraid. do not tell me he was not afraid he was dropping balls because he was scared of getting hit and his stupid comments with "omg i am so good now i can catch the ball without seeing it omg" he is a bit ovverrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Hey I love Victor Cruz, but we can't pay him 8 to 10 MM/year. Not if we want to address other needs.

And for those who think Randle is a replacement for Nicks...I disagree. He was drafted as a replacement for Manningham. Nicks is the best WR on the team and is a top 5 WR in the league as far as I'm concerned. He's probably the best WR the Giants have ever had. Certainly since I've been a fan.

His problem is health. That damned broken foot caused all kinds of related problems this season. I can see us seeing if he can get healthy this coming season before we make a huge financial commitment to him.
    Do you think Hakeem Nicks is better Amani Toomer?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Cruz forgot he was undrafted free agent and he let fame get to him and now he thinks hes a big shot if he was more humble like nicks he would be a top 5 wr, right now he top 10 because he is a scared slot reciever who is very good but afraid. do not tell me he was not afraid he was dropping balls because he was scared of getting hit and his stupid comments with "omg i am so good now i can catch the ball without seeing it omg" he is a bit ovverrated.
    Where did he make those comments? And, he is probably one of the most humble guys on the team. I attribute the dropped balls to a lack of concentration but when he had the ball his yards after catch were amazing. There was no way he was going to match the production he had last year, but his numbers were still impressive. He was targeted 143 times and made 86 of those catches. His number of successful catches per target were just as good or better than the top receivers to include Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    When healthy Nicks is one of the best in the game. It's not even a discussion between him and Toomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Chiming in to say ABSOLUTELY
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

+ Reply to Thread