+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Who has under rated him?
    Did you read the thread? Everyone is looking at the negatives of why he shouldn't be here anymore. Like the drops. Which is a pitiful argument sicne it's only a handufl of plays but it's apparently a huge issue. Yet none of these posters would claim Roddy White is a bad receiver depsite him being a consistent league leader in drops.

Hakeem during 2010 and 2011 was among league leaders in drops too but everyone loves Hakeem so they don't care. Cruz comes in has a great season, steals the shine from Nicks and now everyone can't wait to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    So the fact that he had a lot of KEY drops isn't important? Even though his JOB is to catch the ball?
    Jesus it's one year he had drops. Who's to say this wasn't a fluke? Cruz last year wasn't dropping the ball and all of a sudden he can't do his job anymore? Especially considering the flukeness of drops I don't know how anyone can come to the conclusion that this is a trend. Oh and please we all know the WR is supposed to catch, we aren't stupid.

I love how 10 dropped balls is enough for fans to trash Cruz after what he has produced however it doesn't mean anyhting. Look the the list guess who's tied with Cruz with 10 drops. Calvin Johnson. Look at who's had 9 drops and you'll see the Likes of AJ Green, Dez Bryant, or Brandon Marshall. If you go to 8 drops you see Julio Jones, or Reggie White.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232

So obviously they suck and they shouldn't get paid eventhough it's their JOB to not miss those KEY passes right? Or is it only a knock against Cruz?

Just look at Mario Manningham, who had the 12th-best score in 2010 and the 18th-worst in 2011. It’s consistency that helps make some of the best receivers just that; some of the best.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ping-the-ball/

It's unpredictable and if you want like 10 drops a year take away from a great receiver then by all means. But honestly I think the reason Giants fans dislike Cruz is because it took away from everyone loving Hakeem. Which is ridiculous. Both are great yet people are so ready to get rid of one.

Did you people to see how potent 2011 was with both receivers? Oh right, Nicks finished 2nd in yards and we can't have that can we?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantLegend View Post
    This.

The yards honesetly don't speak as loudly. Of course if you are a constant target and have some speed, like Cruz, you're going to get the yards. The drops are still not forgiveable.

To me Nicks is a stud playmaker receiver, and yes Cruz is good and has made some great plays, but I don't place him with Nicks.
    Yeah complete hate right here sorry. Ignoring his positives and taking his only his negatives is a childish argument. Whatever though, I can't wait to see you guys all cry when Victor comes back.
    Last edited by Sovereign; 01-06-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Try and imagine the offense without Cruz, that should make you appreciate him.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    So the fact that he had a lot of KEY drops isn't important? Even though his JOB is to catch the ball?
    Name a receiver who doesn't drop balls. Why not focus on his positives?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GiantLegend View Post
    This.

The yards honesetly don't speak as loudly. Of course if you are a constant target and have some speed, like Cruz, you're going to get the yards. The drops are still not forgiveable.

To me Nicks is a stud playmaker receiver, and yes Cruz is good and has made some great plays, but I don't place him with Nicks.
    Nicks doesn't drop balls? If you are going to harp on dropped passes then include all of the receivers
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

What about all of Eli's interceptions? He had more than Cruz had drops. Those are wasted possessions rather than wasted plays.

People ***** about the most trivial things on here. The team as a whole stunk last year, Cruz was one of the few bright spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Did you read the thread? Everyone is looking at the negatives of why he shouldn't be here anymore.

More like everyone is looking at REASONS why the Giants wont pay out a SPECULATED dollar amount, an amount that would put him in the top tier of WR salaries.

Nobodies trashing him and I've yet to see a Giant fan that "dislikes" Cruz anywhere starting with this thread.
    Tepid Salsa

Why do people overreact on here? Please show me a post where someone said he sucks. We all love Cruz and know what he's brought to this team. The ongoing issue with Victor is that he drops EASY passes, and for the same reason: Looking upfield. Those dropped balls are hard to come by, especially by Victor who is smothered most of the game. So when you have the opportunity, the LAST thing you want to do is drop it because you weren't focused. As for what receiver doesn't drop balls, not every receiver leads the league in drops either. Just food for thought. I'm also not saying he shouldnt get paid, but with our current situation..8-10 or around there is way way way too much. Hopefully he understands that. You have to look at both the positives and negatives. Everyone knows what he can do on the field. People have no problem bashing Eli when he does poorly, why not Cruz?
    Last edited by Rudyy; 01-06-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why do people overreact on here? Please show me a post where someone said he sucks. We all love Cruz and know what he's brought to this team. The ongoing issue with Victor is that he drops EASY passes, and for the same reason: Looking upfield. Those dropped balls are hard to come by, especially by Victor who is smothered most of the game. So when you have the opportunity, the LAST thing you want to do is drop it because you weren't focused. As for what receiver doesn't drop balls, not every receiver leads the league in drops either. Just food for thought. I'm also not saying he shouldnt get paid, but with our current situation..8-10 or around there is way way way too much. Hopefully he understands that. You have to look at both the positives and negatives. Everyone knows what he can do on the field. People have no problem bashing Eli when he does poorly, why not Cruz?
    Overrection is a way of life here, that's what fans do on both sides of every issue. For me, personally, the overwhelming number of negative threads is mind boggling. But it is what it is and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Did you read the thread? Everyone is looking at the negatives of why he shouldn't be here anymore. Like the drops. Which is a pitiful argument sicne it's only a handufl of plays but it's apparently a huge issue. Yet none of these posters would claim Roddy White is a bad receiver depsite him being a consistent league leader in drops.

Hakeem during 2010 and 2011 was among league leaders in drops too but everyone loves Hakeem so they don't care. Cruz comes in has a great season, steals the shine from Nicks and now everyone can't wait to get rid of him.

Jesus it's one year he had drops. Who's to say this wasn't a fluke? Cruz last year wasn't dropping the ball and all of a sudden he can't do his job anymore? Especially considering the flukeness of drops I don't know how anyone can come to the conclusion that this is a trend. Oh and please we all know the WR is supposed to catch, we aren't stupid.

I love how 10 dropped balls is enough for fans to trash Cruz after what he has produced however it doesn't mean anyhting. Look the the list guess who's tied with Cruz with 10 drops. Calvin Johnson. Look at who's had 9 drops and you'll see the Likes of AJ Green, Dez Bryant, or Brandon Marshall. If you go to 8 drops you see Julio Jones, or Reggie White.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232

So obviously they suck and they shouldn't get paid eventhough it's their JOB to not miss those KEY passes right? Or is it only a knock against Cruz?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ping-the-ball/

It's unpredictable and if you want like 10 drops a year take away from a great receiver then by all means. But honestly I think the reason Giants fans dislike Cruz is because it took away from everyone loving Hakeem. Which is ridiculous. Both are great yet people are so ready to get rid of one.

Did you people to see how potent 2011 was with both receivers? Oh right, Nicks finished 2nd in yards and we can't have that can we?

Yeah complete hate right here sorry. Ignoring his positives and taking his only his negatives is a childish argument. Whatever though, I can't wait to see you guys all cry when Victor comes back.
    Simmadownnaw!
    No one is crucifying Cruz. Personally drops happen, but most of Cruz's drops happen cause he is anticipating the hit coming, looking up field for where the defenders are and not looking the ball in. Also he tends to fall to the floor if defenders are close in proximity too him. That's what I mean by playing small ROA. Coaches would say to receivers especially in high school, play bigger than the competition. Meaning fight for every yard, put your body on the line and leave everything on the field. Cruz does not do this like he used to when he was playing for a roster spot and i understand smaller frame
    speed receiver going up against big outside corners, safety's, or line backers, playing on a ****ty contract and doing well in it. He wants to preserve his. body, fair enough; but you want that top tier receiver pay then you have to be a player similar to the likes of welker in respect to size/speed/grit. He's not afraid to get hit over the middle and plays on a ****ty contract. When i make this comparison, don't think yards, drops, yac, think approach to the game and style of play.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Cruz was tied for 2nd in the league for passes dropped this season - tied for 2nd with Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Demaryius Thomas... if that helps.

+ Reply to Thread