+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The window for another title is still open, so I'd rather keep Cruz.
    +1

I understand the money many of these players get is obscene but that's not the players' fault. If we didn't exist to buy their jerseys, pay PSL's and annual season tickets, etc., there would be no football. I hope they can come to an agreement with Cruz. It will be too much money no matter what it is but the real question is can he help us get into the playoffs. I think he can.

They are going to spend their CAP as they always do. Better on someone who has proven he can get the job done.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Don't know how much he is really worth, but as far as Nicks goes, he has never stayed healthy for an entire season. What if Randle is the next Nicks? Don't think they are done with JJ. They may even draft another WR.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Clueless.
    THIS THREAD IS ABOUT VICTOR CRUZ!!!

Do you actually believe I would refer to our 5th or 6th WR as a great player?

You must be friggin crazy. Barden has done less than Steve Smith for God's sake and he doesn't have a horrible injury to use as an excuse.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't see letting him go in the hopes that someone we haven't yet identified and who may have never taken a snap in the NFL is going to help us more than Cruz can. Anything is possible, but I hope we put more thought into the negotiations than "what can we get for him."
    Actually, the question is "who's the better value"? You have the draft, 8 -10 million saved, an extra 1st and a 3rd. If i had a choice between Cruz and a good Oline, I'd take a good oline any day of the week and take my chances with Nicks, Hixon, Randle. It's all a risk though. But isn't that what football is? All one big calculated risk.

But Cruz isn't going anywhere. If we put a 1st round tender on him, i doubt teams will touch him.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Actually, the question is "who's the better value"? You have the draft, 8 -10 million saved, an extra 1st and a 3rd. If i had a choice between Cruz and a good Oline, I'd take a good oline any day of the week and take my chances with Nicks, Hixon, Randle. It's all a risk though. But isn't that what football is? All one big calculated risk.

But Cruz isn't going anywhere. If we put a 1st round tender on him, i doubt teams will touch him.
    But a draft choice doesn't guarantee a good player. And a draft choice certainly doesn't guarantee a good offensive line.
    Draft choices are prospects. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Victor Cruz may not have been drafted, but he has become a player who is worthy of a first round standing. He's actually done it on the field in the NFL and is still a young player.
    I would not make the trade off of a known (and outstanding) quantity for an unknown pick in this case.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post

I know it's hard to understand, but the $8 - 10 MM figure was an uneducated guess made by the author of the article that started this thread. We have absolutely no idea what Cruz is asking for. We can sign Cruz and take care of the lines as well.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I hope that fool doesn't want too much money. He did things on his own and Nicks was a big reason why he did very well. Nicks when healthy is a number one receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    I hope that fool doesn't want too much money. He did things on his own and Nicks was a big reason why he did very well. Nicks when healthy is a number one receiver.
    What's with the attitude?
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Why is Cruz a "fool"?

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What's with the attitude?
    I suppose to act this way. What is your problem little boy?

+ Reply to Thread