+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 656

Thread: Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

  1. #91
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    58,453
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.
    he is pretty unique and is a good fit with Eli. again if we dont have other ridiculous contracts and cap hits , locking him up would be a no brainer the man is in his prime

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.
    Look at what Pierre Garçon received from the Redskins. If the Giants won't pay Cruz, some other team will.

  3. #93
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,932
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.
    Would you risk drafting a WR in the first round though knowing our holes?

    Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

  4. #94
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,355
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    This x100. I think this approach is the smartest way. If I had to choose between a Healthy Nicks or a Healthy Cruz for 10 million, it would be Nicks every day. I agree with Ranier that Cruz lacks physicality. If you look at the top end WRs, they all have that physicality about them. To determine a WR's worth, the question you have to ask I think is, how well would he do on a bad team? I have no doubts that Nicks would be able to battle other defenders for poorly thrown balls in lots of traffic. Cruz? I don't think so.
    Nicks having a healthy season doesn't mean nicks is now healthy. Everyone keeps wanting to evalute nicks as if he's 100%. he's not. his style of play is wearing him down.

    and we may be in a situation where we can get cruz at a discount based on negotiating with him now. put him off for a year and subject him to potentially getting injured and reducing his market value significantly, and the trade off is if we choose to go with cruz we may have to pay alot more for him.

    i'd definitely prefer a healthy nicks to cruz. few wouldn't. but that's not where we find ourselves right now.

  5. #95
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    99,174
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.
    He's a damn good talent who has worked in this system for three years and had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. I can't imagine replacing him with a draft pick and not losing ground.

    If we go for WR first round, the problems we are having do not get addressed once again.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #96
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    58,453
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's a damn good talent who has worked in this system for three years and had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. I can't imagine replacing him with a draft pick and not losing ground.
    well said

  7. #97
    heres a question just for the sake of debate, but it is relevant: suppose we kept nicks and let cruz go in some alternate dimension. could nicks be a slot threat the way cruz is, not in how they accomplish the end result, but in the success of the end result? in less complicated words, can nicks achieve a level of success comparable to the level of success Cruz has had from the slot, even if its through different ways? IE, using Nicks like NO uses Colston...


    I only ask bc the one thing that could falsely elevate Cruz's worth is the play from the slot. Hes amazing, maybe the best at it. But a big part of that is the scheme. He's an amazing wr i hate coming from a position of letting him walk bc it feels like im slighting him, im just trying to think about it from all angles

  8. #98
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,012
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    This x100. I think this approach is the smartest way. If I had to choose between a Healthy Nicks or a Healthy Cruz for 10 million, it would be Nicks every day. I agree with Ranier that Cruz lacks physicality. If you look at the top end WRs, they all have that physicality about them. To determine a WR's worth, the question you have to ask I think is, how well would he do on a bad team? I have no doubts that Nicks would be able to battle other defenders for poorly thrown balls in lots of traffic. Cruz? I don't think so.
    .Except that it is looking like we may never get a 100% healthy Nicks for a full season, so that has to be taken into account when comparing the two.

  9. #99
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,932
    H
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    heres a question just for the sake of debate, but it is relevant: suppose we kept nicks and let cruz go in some alternate dimension. could nicks be a slot threat the way cruz is, not in how they accomplish the end result, but in the success of the end result? in less complicated words, can nicks achieve a level of success comparable to the level of success Cruz has had from the slot, even if its through different ways? IE, using Nicks like NO uses Colston...I only ask bc the one thing that could falsely elevate Cruz's worth is the play from the slot. Hes amazing, maybe the best at it. But a big part of that is the scheme. He's an amazing wr i hate coming from a position of letting him walk bc it feels like im slighting him, im just trying to think about it from all angles
    We don't know if Nicks will ever be 100% again though.

    Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

  10. #100
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    99,174
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    heres a question just for the sake of debate, but it is relevant: suppose we kept nicks and let cruz go in some alternate dimension. could nicks be a slot threat the way cruz is, not in how they accomplish the end result, but in the success of the end result? in less complicated words, can nicks achieve a level of success comparable to the level of success Cruz has had from the slot, even if its through different ways? IE, using Nicks like NO uses Colston...


    I only ask bc the one thing that could falsely elevate Cruz's worth is the play from the slot. Hes amazing, maybe the best at it. But a big part of that is the scheme. He's an amazing wr i hate coming from a position of letting him walk bc it feels like im slighting him, im just trying to think about it from all angles
    Cruz can work anywhere on the field and is one of the best slot receivers in the League. I don't think that's where Nicks' value is to the Giants and if he worked in the slot would be be as effective as Cruz?

    As with every season, you work on the player contracts you have to and take care of next season, next season.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts